The reflections in the mirrors do not have the correct angle when the cockpit is open.

Ashayar

Hello everyone o7 !

I have come to do a little bug report concerning the SU-25T (Surprising? Don't judge me, I love this plane).

I didn't take a screenshot, but it's easy to reproduce:

• Get on the plane
  • Leave the cockpit open
  • Activate the mirrors
  • Look at them

The reflections in the mirrors are always as if the cockpit is closed ... And this is surprising, it looks like the wings have turned 90 ° ... 🙂

Have a nice day!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

That has always been like that, and it's not only on the SU-25, but in ALL planes. That's because the mirrors are rendered as displays with a fixed point of view. So they behave as if they were secondary "cameras" for the 3D scene. They're not ray-traced reflections because that's an extremely CPU/GPU expensive process.

It has been this way since the old days of LOMAC, which is prior to DCS itself.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB | HyperX Fury 16GB RAM @2666MHz | ASUS Prime B-350 Plus | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W PSU | Kingston UV400 120GB SSD | 1.25TB HDD Total | NZXT Phantom Black Full-Tower ATX Case | Saitek-Mad Catz F.L.Y.5 Flight Stick + Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard + Mouse Combo for DCS | FreeTrack + PS3 Eye + 3-LED clip Combo for headtracking

• 3 weeks later...