What DCS features do you like to see on a future?

Silver_Dragon

More anticipated feature  

239 members have voted

1. 1. what features do you like see released?

• Dynamic Campaign
    • Voice Chat (VC)
    • Vulkan API
    • More Clouds and Weather improvements
    • More Damage Modeling
    • Artificial Intelligence (AI) improvements
    • Airfield Air Traffic Control (ATC)
    • Forward-Looking Infrared (FLIR)
    • More Weapons dynamics
    • New Enhanced AI and funtionality
    • New Map Technology features
    • Multi-threading
    • Air combat improvements
    • Land combat improvements
    • Sea combat improvements
    • New modules (Land / Sea / FPS)
    • CA improvements
    • New Engine / Map building technology
    • Mission editor improvements
    • Other (detail them)

The one thing DCS lacks the most IMO that keeps F4 as the king is the dynamic campaign.  Some of the best times I had online with my buddies were starting a campaign and rolling through the North Korean army, seeing our missions have an impact on the overall war, knowing your hitting that front line when your RWR lights up like crazy and seeing fires from battles, jumping a pair of bombers heading south and stopping a bombing run.  Liberation is a good stop gap but I really miss that F4 feeling.

• Like 1

There is no info on dynamic campaign for so long. Maybe at the beginning just a simple mission creator like "airfield attack" where it spawns units and targets at airfield few enemy flights ground threats along the way. But still without proper ATC like in that F-16 competitor its all usless... I can set it up myself in mission editor but there is no surprise that's the problem.

I know a lot of people will scream but I would like a profile called general/ generic air plane / helicopter where we can set the basic defaults for all the modules. We'll still have the module specific profile it will just get populated by the generic ones when it is first installed.  

• Like 3

I vote for "New Engine / Map building technology" some days ago, but I would like to add now that I like all of the others options too; finally, I don't know if this is a feature but I really want to see in the future on the DCS World a fully operational ground crew/vehicles on the air bases.

865cd1f3-93d3-4941-bdad-04eb49f41ad5_1.daad0dad59d7407ec6f6a83d817bf43a.jpeg

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

On 8/14/2021 at 11:35 AM, upyr1 said:

I know a lot of people will scream but I would like a profile called general/ generic air plane / helicopter where we can set the basic defaults for all the modules. We'll still have the module specific profile it will just get populated by the generic ones when it is first installed.  

Yeah, like the throttle, stick, and pedal settings... seriously... when someone has over a dozen aircraft, it gets a bit...... taxing.

One thing I didn't see on the list is a dedicated mod support system where people can easily install and uninstall mods without 3rd party software. On top of that, certain mods should just defaulted to everyone's machine, like the A-4, Military Aircraft Mod, and Civilian Aircraft Mod. I say this, because the Skyhawk gives people another free aircraft to fly, and the other two add so much to immersion in DCS.

It would be nice if there could finally be a DCS version where you can actually talk about stable. Only new features are required ... as soon as a module from one manufacturer is out, the next question is asked ... etc. And in the same breath they complain why this and why this (again) does not work correctly ... and then of course the standard slogan 'You can't make money with bug fixing' ... Sure, ED and Co. do bug fixing. Good this way. 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

12 hours ago, SkorpioN1606689188 said:

I vote for "New Engine / Map building technology" some days ago, but I would like to add now that I like all of the others options too; finally, I don't know if this is a feature but I really want to see in the future on the DCS World a fully operational ground crew/vehicles on the air bases.

865cd1f3-93d3-4941-bdad-04eb49f41ad5_1.daad0dad59d7407ec6f6a83d817bf43a.jpeg

+1 for ground crew on air bases. These are the things that really bring the SIM to life. As ED builds onto its AI infantry/deck crew capabilities, hopefully we will see more and more of the various military/support personnel populate the maps.

5 hours ago, Tank50us said:

Yeah, like the throttle, stick, and pedal settings... seriously... when someone has over a dozen aircraft, it gets a bit...... taxing.

One thing I didn't see on the list is a dedicated mod support system where people can easily install and uninstall mods without 3rd party software. On top of that, certain mods should just defaulted to everyone's machine, like the A-4, Military Aircraft Mod, and Civilian Aircraft Mod. I say this, because the Skyhawk gives people another free aircraft to fly, and the other two add so much to immersion in DCS.

I'm with you on that. I've started a thread abut the topic 

Honestly - any and everything performance first and foremost. What's the point of DCS looking pretty or having great 'AI' if the core game runs like a turd. After that, Dynamic Campaign. I honestly could not care less about any of the rest until the performance is 'fixed' (Full available core usage, updated API, and hardcore debugging/performance enhancements). 

I am hopeful though. The DCS team has proven repeatedly that they can deliver. Yes, it sometimes takes longer than expected, but they deliver in the end. I'm hopeful - until then, I'll pre-purchase the Apache and continue to not play and wait until the performance is corrected. Once the DC and Apache are released, (assuming performance above completed), I will be hard pressed to get pulled away. So, here's to the future and hope! 

• Like 1

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

Honestly - any and everything performance first and foremost. What's the point of DCS looking pretty or having great 'AI' if the core game runs like a turd. After that, Dynamic Campaign. I honestly could not care less about any of the rest until the performance is 'fixed' (Full available core usage, updated API, and hardcore debugging/performance enhancements). 

I am hopeful though. The DCS team has proven repeatedly that they can deliver. Yes, it sometimes takes longer than expected, but they deliver in the end. I'm hopeful - until then, I'll pre-purchase the Apache and continue to not play and wait until the performance is corrected. Once the DC and Apache are released, (assuming performance above completed), I will be hard pressed to get pulled away. So, here's to the future and hope! 

Very much agree with this submission.
Reality out there is that hardware components to continually enjoy the changing dcs world as it is have become gold.
New entrants/veterans without the disposable financial resources to get those component to keep up with dcs world could stagnate.
DCS 2.7 is a remarkable uplift with those cloud but I must admit my rig choked a bit but still good doing it in 2D.
I would imagine further development of the cloud and weather system, dynamic campaign, upgrade to flir rendering and other features planned would be system-tasking.

Voting for core multithread and vulkan implementation. However the Apache and Eurofighter modules are a must-have no matter what for me.
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

AI!!  This can't be stressed enough.  Of all the major issues, it is arguably in need of the most work.  It drags training missions, campaigns and customs missions down.  A enjoyable dynamic campaign simply won't be possible without a top to bottom AI overhaul.  A lot of the game play choices in this poll are directly affected by the quality of the current state of AI.  For me personally, this is the most pressing issue.  I can live with the other issues for now.  My 2 cents...

• Like 1

I think improving FLIR image should be a high priority but honestly, I would rather have a simplified version sooner that provides functional and nice looking targeting than a highly detailed model of infrared optics much later. I appreciate the commitment to realism and detail but sometimes I feel like DCS suffers from perfect being the enemy of good.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

4 hours ago, Thunder Chicken22 said:

AI!!  This can't be stressed enough.  Of all the major issues, it is arguably in need of the most work.  It drags training missions, campaigns and customs missions down.  A enjoyable dynamic campaign simply won't be possible without a top to bottom AI overhaul.  A lot of the game play choices in this poll are directly affected by the quality of the current state of AI.  For me personally, this is the most pressing issue.  I can live with the other issues for now.  My 2 cents...

This x100 !

The AI options in this poll were the first 2 i clicked.

If i were to be given 2 options and only one be chosen.

1 : Complete AI overhaul

2 : Complete performance overhaul/upgrade

I'd go for 1 without a second thought. The performance is clearly manageable for the vast majority of players from what Bignewy said after they implemented the new clouds, he said 85% of people didn't notice any significant performance downgrade. Yes this was more aimed around the new clouds, but nonetheless, unless you are playing in VR which is very demanding, it's easy to stay above 40-50 FPS.

On the other hand, the AI just clearly isn't ready to accomodate the future dynamic campaign, and keep in mind that this dynamic campaign is normally scheduled for this year in external Beta. Even if it wasn't for the dynamic campaign, literally anyone could tell us a time where the AI simply sucked in an SP mission, MP server etc, so even if people arn't looking forward to that DC, well they'd still be very happy to see the AI do much better in everything else they do.

I'm eagerly waiting for the DC and hoping it will rise DCS to another level of fun and immersion, bringing much more replayability most of all ! But how would that DC be fully enjoyable if the AI doesn't feel any good ?