AGM-65E2: Cannot access LMAV page

Nealius

On ramp start going through the STRS page and boxing the E2 LMAV automatically goes into the caged LMAV page displaying the laser code. I set my code 1688, takeoff, fly to the target area.

Upon boxing the E2 LMAV again to actually use it, it refuses to go into the caged LMAV page. Unboxing, boxing, boxing another weapon, boxing the LMAV again, it absolutely refuses to open the LMAV page, thus when I roll in on the lased target and uncage it, the seeker does not uncage.

Is there another way to access the LMAV page? Or is it one-time only thing that, upon entering once, cannot be entered again after exiting?

Edited by Nealius

Looks like I got it (mostly) sorted. Chuck's Guide didn't mention the display limiations, the 90-second spool-up, or the new procedure where you uncage before lasing. I also had my SSS mappings mixed up ("down" instead of "depress" cross-wired my brain with "aft").

However, I'm still getting times where uncage is not responsive, and the X is still caged. 

Edited by Nealius

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 6:03 AM, Nealius said:

Looks like I got it (mostly) sorted. Chuck's Guide didn't mention the display limiations, the 90-second spool-up, or the new procedure where you uncage before lasing. I also had my SSS mappings mixed up ("down" instead of "depress" cross-wired my brain with "aft").

However, I'm still getting times where uncage is not responsive, and the X is still caged. 

Yeah, the guide is outdated by now. It came before latest MAV changes. So you'll have to rely on ED forum/razbam discord information to get the proper procedure.

Yep, me too. I can get the LMAV page to open briefly (SSS Forward-Long) but It looks frozen and the scanning 'dot' stays stationary. I can occasionally get the missile to lock but the only cue I can see is the tiny square symbol inside aiming reticle on HUD. 

The other thing I have noticed is the LMAV doesn't operate after re-loading when 'Unlimited Weapons' is ticked which I use for training missions - it is physically there, but not operable. This doesn't happen with the other weapons in these missions.

I think it's update issue so hopefully Razbam will pick up on this. And if you do, Thank You for the Harrier!!

I've had great success so far by ignoring the LMAV page entirely. Since changing the code through the DMT simultaneously changes the code for the TPOD and LMAV as well (so much easier than the Hornet or Hog), I don't even need to worry about it. 

Now if ED could fix that arbritrary 8.4nm laser range limit, that'd be greeeeeaaat.