Automate preparations for DCS

peirof

hi,

After trying various softwares, I have ended up in TARGET, in the Script Editor ... but I have a question.

At the moment it is quite tedious to launch the DCS, since the steps that I follow are:

1- Launch the Track IR software
2- Check that you have loaded the profile for DCS and that it works.
3- Run TARGET Script editor
4- Load the profile for the DCS
5- Compile the profile
6- Run the profile
7- Open Helios
8- Load the profile for the touch screen ...
9- Finally, after a long time .... Launch DCS.

It was to see if some of these steps, there was a way to execute them automatically, since they are repetitive and I always do the same ...

Or ... how do you do it? (I suppose something similar will happen to you)

Thanks

hi,

After trying various softwares, I have ended up in TARGET, in the Script Editor ... but I have a question.

At the moment it is quite tedious to launch the DCS, since the steps that I follow are:

1- Launch the Track IR software
2- Check that you have loaded the profile for DCS and that it works.
3- Run TARGET Script editor
4- Load the profile for the DCS
5- Compile the profile
6- Run the profile
7- Open Helios
8- Load the profile for the touch screen ...
9- Finally, after a long time .... Launch DCS.

It was to see if some of these steps, there was a way to execute them automatically, since they are repetitive and I always do the same ...
Or ... how do you do it? (I suppose something similar will happen to you)

Thanks
Well, you should at least consider adding Skatezilla's excellent launcher to that list.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

You can auto launch Track IR and the TARGET script.  Track IR has a start on Boot option and the Target script just needs to be popped into the windows start up menu in a short cut like here: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4507180/load-a-target-script-on-windows-startup

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-an-app-to-run-automatically-at-startup-in-windows-10-150da165-dcd9-7230-517b-cf3c295d89dd

Only issue I have doing this is that FS2020 refuses to recognise the virtual device created by the target profile so I have to disable the profile if I'm taking something non military out for a fly.  worth googling these things as both are fairly easy to find.

• Thanks 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hi,

after doing some research, I have been able to do it with a batch file (.bat), a renamed txt

cd /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\x64\"
start TARGETGUI.exe -r J:\Hotas_Warthog\DCSF18_TSE.tmc

cd /D "D:\Helios\Helios Virtual Cockpit\Helios"
start ControlCenter.exe

cd /D "D:\DCS Beta\bin"
start DCS.exe

exit

several things must be said:

- The Track IR can be configured to load when windows are started with a specific profile.
- The routes are where I have installed the programs

- I have changed the name to the Helios executable, to remove the space, since it gave me problems in the * .bat

With this batch file, all the programs I use with DCS are executed, it is not the most "elegant" way, but it is working for me.