[REPORTED] TPod IR polarity change forces video to wide FoV without change in symbology.

Aernov

Changing IR polarity for TPod while in narrow FoV sets it in wide with narrow mode "crosshair" symbology (no frame indicating narrow FoV borders in wide view, same yardstick distance indicated etc.). After this occurs, pressing FoV HOTAS command (SSS left short) or WD/NR OSB once switches "crosshair" to wide mode symbology while not changing actual FoV, second press changes FoV to narrow with appropriate symbology, and it stays "synchronized" for consecutive presses.

Edited by Aernov
  • Like 1

AV-8B TPod polarity and FoV.trk

Here is the track displaying described issue, and two more:

1) WH/BH OSB doesn't toggle polarity, just changes it while the button is held, and changes back when released. HOTAS command (SSS right short in TPod HOTAS mode) works fine and toggles polarity.

2) Sometimes TPod-designated point jumped for some distance closer to the plane position shortly after changing polarity via SSS right short, but this jump thing was inconsistent.

• Like 1

@Aernovthanks for the track. We are checking your issue.

@airborneyodaDid you have the Master arm to ARMED? 
If the next conditions are not met you can not set the laser to ARMED.

These are the conditions:

• Landing Gear UP
  • Airspeed > 100 KCAS
  • Master Arm: ARM
  • Master Mode: AG
  • TPOD SWFOV mode: OFF
  • TPOD must be either Area or Point Locked or be slaved to a System Designation.

I've had this issue, specifically when using the HOTAS TPOD shortcuts. I've spoken to TeaCypher about it and he has been unable to reproduce so there must be some other funky stuff going on. I'll try and get a short track sometime. 

My mode of action was :

using SSS to switch between CCD/FLIR in TPOD mode. 

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] TPod IR polarity change forces video to wide FoV without change in symbology.