INS/GPS broken in Nevada

AlexCaboose

The INS/GPS is broken in Nevada. The jet doesn't recognize itself as being in the Western hemisphere, and all coordinates & the starting location revert to East. I'm not able to get it into the track due to track length and size issues, however I have noticed that although the steerpoints seem accurate to the incorrect waypoint, they seem to drift quite large amounts through the flight. 

F-16 Nevada bug.trk

Whoops, looks like this was already reported. 

• ED Team

Hi,

this has been fixed internally, please wait for the next open beta update to test again 

thank you

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, AlexCaboose said:

Are you using the new way to get to auto steer points? I think you have to hit M-SEL now.

I am, yes.  I can see "AUTO", but flying the steerpoints last night did not result in them auto moving to the next one, like it used to.

I have a small ILS practice mission and I kick the auto pilot on so I can set up everything, and when I got everything set up I went to look for the localizer, and noticed I was circling steer point 1.

9 hours ago, snipy said:

I am, yes.  I can see "AUTO", but flying the steerpoints last night did not result in them auto moving to the next one, like it used to.

I have a small ILS practice mission and I kick the auto pilot on so I can set up everything, and when I got everything set up I went to look for the localizer, and noticed I was circling steer point 1.

I just tried it on the nevada map and had no problems, the Viper followed 3 steerpoints automatically.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• ED Team

This was fixed, if you are still having a problem please include a short track replay example in a new thread and I will take a look.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2