Planned release of countermeasures?

Gunfreak

16 minutes ago, razo+r said:

No, you can do it aswell.

You just have to enter the CSMD page on the DED and then you can freely adjust the programs to your liking.

But I want the plane to realise countermeasures by itself when I'm on a bombing run. So as you approach a steerpoint or target the plane releases countermeasures. 

This is something that can be dome in the F18 from what I understand.  But I haven't found anyway of doing it in an F16.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

2 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

But I want the plane to realise countermeasures by itself when I'm on a bombing run. So as you approach a steerpoint or target the plane releases countermeasures. 

This is something that can be dome in the F18 from what I understand.  But I haven't found anyway of doing it in an F16.

Sounds like you're talking about the auto and semi modes, which release countermeasures with consent (enabled and disabled via CMS switch), based on current detected threat.  Not currently implemented, but are on the roadmap.

In semi mode, when a threat is detected, the VMU will promt you with "counter", and you can CMS aft to dispense the program once.  In auto, you press CMS aft to enable, and the system will dispense the program as many times as needed, when needed, until the threat is gone.  CMS right disables auto dispense, but you'll still get the "counter" VMU warning.

To my knowledge, steerpoints don't play into this (unless somehow planned into the DTC I guess?)

Edited by Majik

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I set CMDS Program 4 to Chaff BQ 2, BI 0.25, SQ 10, SI 1.5, Flare the same BQ 2, BI 0.25, SQ 10, SI 1.5, which puts out 20 of each over a 15 second period, triggered just before a pop-up attack run.

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.