TrackIR 5 vs. 4 hardware question...

Hi everyone, I've had my TrackIR 4 since not long after DCS: Black Shark came out. I'm running the TrackIR 5 software with it, and it works fine. However, I was wondering if there would be any benefit to getting the version 5 camera - it does seem to have greatly enhanced specs. Not so much in terms of frame rate, which as I understand it, TrackIR doesn't affect, but rather general smoothness and responsiveness, as well as light filtration. Thanks for any insights!

I've tested TIR4 vs TIR5 back to back.  There is not a huge difference.  TIR5 is better, its a bit smoother and I'd say "refined".  Its not night and day difference.  Given the current price of TIR5, its not really worth the straight upgrade cost.

TIR5 has higher framerate, resolution and field of view.  So some of those things might gain you more if your setup isnt quite right already.  Higher resolution means you could have the head unit further away and get the same performance.  Or if you find your FOV of the camera is limiting today, then the TIR5 might be worthwhile.

• Thanks 1