The AH-64D is -not- a face melter, considering it has been said that it was a matter of when, not if, they would do an apache.

clarkgarg85

Nostalgia wise and hype wise, people are jumping on board. However I would argue the apache, while relatively exciting to the roterheads, doesnt really hit the mark for face melting. https://9apps.ooo/

Face melting should be something entirely unexpected, not a model upgrade from A to D. Facemelting would have been more like "Oh yeah, and here's a Tornado/Fullback/Cobra module preview. Enjoy."

As it is, i'm not hyped for the Apache and also wouldnt be for the Cobra, Having a multicrew helo that more or less requires me to fly it with another person in order to use it effectively (Jester, i'm lookin at you) just doesnt sound fun, especially when I have to keep fiddling with things like hover and distance away from that rock 50 feet below me, it's already hard enough managing that in the KA-50 with DCS' multiplayer stability.

I also realize that the multicrew argument could be made for either the Fullback or the Tornado, however you can put yourself into a much safer orbit of your target AO while fiddling with the AI's target sel ection. Only really dangerous aspect is enemy CAP flights jumping you, but for that, you have IRST and short range heaters with the space to maneuver.

To close out, I am not interested in the AH-64, nor do I believe it should be the "Face-Melting" module they planned on releasing. Gimme a Tornado, or a Flanker, or hell, drop a Cobra from left field. That would have been face melting.

Edited by clarkgarg85

1 hour ago, clarkgarg85 said:

As it is, i'm not hyped for the Apache and also wouldnt be for the Cobra.

Gimme a Tornado, or a Flanker, or hell, drop a Cobra from left field. That would have been face melting.

This has got to be one of the most interesting posts I've read all week 😀

• Thanks 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

I did think that "face melting" was reserved for people who'd had very poor cosmetic surgery.

For me, I'm just happy to be excited by the prospect.

• Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

" Facemelting would have been more like "Oh yeah, and here's a Tornado/Fullback/Cobra module"

"As it is, i'm not hyped for the Apache and also wouldnt be for the Cobra"

"drop a Cobra from left field. That would have been face melting."

Seems to be a little confusing but I think we are clear you won't be getting the Apache... I think many others will...
If I am smellin' what your sellin' I think what I am hearing is you don't like multicrew airframes for helicopters but don't mind them for fixed wing.

I know the Apache will be in my hangar when it arrives but not everything is for everyone.

11 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I did think that "face melting" was reserved for people who'd had very poor cosmetic surgery.

It's also what ghosts do to you if you open the ark of the covenant, at least according to Lucas/Spielberg.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drPhibes said:

It's also what ghosts do to you if you open the ark of the covenant, at least according to Lucas/Spielberg.

Good point.  Maybe they were shown early screenshots of a Mig29a?

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Well.. Ok, but why that long topic title?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

7 minutes ago, Devrim said:

Well.. Ok, but why that long topic title?

I guess he thinks it would be a face-melter if it wasn't announced because the Cobra apparently falls under the face-melting category even though he isn't interested in it.  I dunno.

• Like 4

Well, I agree with the OP about the fact that multicrew is always a bit of a bummer, especially when it is very multicrew reliant such as the f14. For me, it takes away the fun of operating weapon systems and other things like that. Thankfully I am a rotorhead and personally, the apache is above and beyond awesome news and I would still argue it is face melting, why ? Because it is the first full glass cockpit attack helo in DCS, basically the a10c of the helo world in terms of module complexity and I do hope the apache can be mostly operated from the rear seat so I won't miss up on too much in terms of mission flying.

Regardless, face meting is a pretty subjective thing to say anyways.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

1 hour ago, CallsignLord said:

Why would you want to justify the reasons why you don't like it on the first place? Do you think people that actually likes it will change their mind after reading this?

👏

I get the feeling that people who want an Apache, probably already know it's a multi-crew affair.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HammerUK9 said:

👏

I get the feeling that people who want an Apache, probably already know it's a multi-crew affair.

Probably most people do but I'm sure there are some that aren't hard-core aviation buffs that don't realize it

It's a video game. Hype & exaggeration is a thing. /End thread

Nobody over 15 thinks *anything* is ''face melting'' and anybody that does needs go outside and remind themselves what life is really

Aside from that, being shocked a two man helo is two man is just.............

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Mower said:

Well, it's not an Apace...it's a Longbow, big difference. 

Apache Longbow. Which is funny, cause Apaches didn't use longbows.

• Like 5

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2