Infantry.

FlankerKiller

While tanks were a bid part of WWII, the grond war was mostly fought by infantry. We now have riflemen, and that's great. But we need automatic riflemen, Light machine guns, AT troops, and preferably rifle grenades. This would make ground battles way more complex, and allow use to do CAS as it was intended. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Infantry in general is a DCS weakness.  I know some people have suggest Eagle should add playable infantry to combined Arms. I have mixed feelings on that but even if we don't we should still have machine guns and automatic rifles. I'd also add a radio man to the list. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 1:41 PM, Ozone42 said:

And ground artillery (non-self propelled).

Edit: Didn't notice that they are coming: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter24102021-whti59zqpgx5zv9n9an7uwtqaqha8pw4.html

Yes, AT guns finally made it to open beta:cheer3nc::wavetowel::cheer3nc:,  but sadly not manned:cry:. It would be nice to see all assets like mortar and AT guns manned and animated eventually like flak guns. Maybe since they are working on an update to movement, we will see it later on... I hope.

I do a fair bit of practice with the current in-game infantry experimenting with what does and doesn't work in terms of getting them to look more natural while moving in a group. Obviously very limited at the moment having only speed and space between units (with the same weapon) that can only stand.

On 10/29/2021 at 6:41 PM, Ozone42 said:

And ground artillery (non-self propelled).

Edit: Didn't notice that they are coming: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter24102021-whti59zqpgx5zv9n9an7uwtqaqha8pw4.html

Towed artillery and AT gun has release on 2.7.7, actually has not implement on CA.

On 9/28/2021 at 2:33 PM, upyr1 said:

Infantry in general is a DCS weakness.  I know some people have suggest Eagle should add playable infantry to combined Arms. I have mixed feelings on that but even if we don't we should still have machine guns and automatic rifles. I'd also add a radio man to the list. 

Infantry has on progress to update by ED, but actually has improve the old 3D models, include make parachute funtionality. ED has a motion capture team on minsk studio, and actually use them to Carrier crew and other infanty

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Thanks 1