Start game without VR for Mission Editing?

mitchelrobertson

Hi,

VR user here. I use this awesome program since ever. Try it.

You can start in VR or in 2D in one click. I use it a lot to edit my missions in 2D and then fly in VR.

Portugal

Col. Bruno "Fonzie" F. (on DCS)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"About carrier ops: The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.5ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO x56 | SSD´s | Valve Index.

What fagulha said! Download the Utility. When I downloaded it, it took me a few days to get it working the way I wanted, so there might be some trial and error but it’s a must for anyone using VR!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have DCS set to use VR in the DCS settings, it will always try to use VR, unless you take steps for it not to.

I principally use the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) to start the Oculus services. If I don't run OTT and consequently the Oculus services are not running, and I start DCS, it looks for Oculus home to be running, but doesn't find it, because I didn't start OTT and the Oculus services, and DCS then starts SteamVR.

If I want to run DCS without VR, exactly as OP stated to do mission editing, or sometimes to film videos in better than VR quality, I use a link file pointing to ""C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" "--force_disable_VR"". This skips updating DCS and trying to start VR. Works perfectly every time. Just create a link on your desktop using the quote as the target and the 'bin' folder as the 'start-in' target.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK Memory: 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz PSU: Corsair AX860i PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics card: Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The DCS GUI Utility by Skatezilla does a lot more than just make it a simple button choice to go VR or Pancake. 

You may not NEED all of its functionality but I have found myself using parts of it I never dreamed of using. For example, rolling back your DCS install to a previous version. Handy sometimes and very easy using the utility.

475th Fighter Group Discord 

https://discord.gg/UMbpeJd

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

It's a question of what you actually need, and what is easier to implement and manage.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK Memory: 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz PSU: Corsair AX860i PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics card: Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme VR: Oculus Rift CV1