Making the HUD SOI

Hey guys, 

So I finally got a Thrustmaster HOTAS setup after searching for a reasonably priced one for over a year and I'm aching to get back into DCS as my last joystick broke a couple of years ago and I hadn't been able to replace it until now. So I've been having some severe DCS withdrawals for a while now so saying i'm excited to finally be able to play again is definitely an understatement. Anyways  I'm running into an issue trying to make the HUD SOI when doing the Air to air training in the A-10, when I go into the controls it says either use the HOTAS Coolie Hat Up Short command or the U key. So I have the Thrustmaster hOTAS Warthog stick/throttle and when I press the corresponding button to do that all it does is cycle through the screens on the left and right, which when I press the U key I run into the same issue. When I go into the control menu, it shows that the right key/buttons are assigned to the command yet it doesn't seem to want to do it. I'm curious if there's something I'm doing wrong, or if it's some sort of bug? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I think it's long press, not a short one but I may be wrong, busy with other airframes

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Coolie hat up long, as Tundra said.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yeah I've tried long & short and it just cycles the menu's on the MFCD screens. It does the same thing with both the U key and the Coolie hat up long on the throttle. As mentioned I've gone into the controls menu and the keys/buttons are assigned correctly, and there aren't any conflicts with those buttons being assigned to other tasks/inputs. 

Ups no idea then sir 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

It's definitely HOTAS Coolie Hat Up Short to make the HUD SOI.
Left or right long set left or right MFCD as SOI

Left or right short cycles the left or right MFCD screens.
Down short swaps the MFCDs

One thing to check is to make sure you're checking the control bindings in the flight mode you're using - "Game" or "Real".

• Thanks 1