Will there be an R in FRS.1?

engines

I've been reading through "No Escape Zone" by Nick Richardson where he talks about the FRS.1 being used in the Bosnia theatre and there is a section on how the F95 camera was used during reconnaissance missions of SA-6 sites by simply lining up a chinagraph mark on the canopy with the target off to the right.  This got me thinking, will this be implemented when we see the jet in DCS?

I guess if you wanted to be really authentic, you could have the images only available 4 hours after landing!

F.95 Mk 4, ref AM 14A/5899 | Imperial War Museums

• Like 2

14 hours ago, engines said:

I do expect to see it, and I have no expectations on when.

Screenshot_20210809-141157.png

IIRC there have been more recent snippets from Raz that indicate the SHAR is not a current priority (that statement ^^ is over 18 months old now), possibly following the F-15E and Mig-23 (and Tucano???) (Mudhen alone could be years out, Flogger has only just had cockpit laser scan)

Don’t even begin to ask me how little sense that makes😡🔥🤔🔥😡

A Falklands / South Atlantic map with Falklands era naval assets and no SeaJet - bonkers own goal IMHO

So, two questions…

1. When do we get to fly over the stormy southern oceans - it looks pretty good already and I’m raring to go

2. When do we get to fly the SHAR off Hermes and Invincible and tangle with Mirages and Skyhawks???

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2