cut scenes between campaign missions?

TheTrooper

Hi Just another idea for immersion. I was wondering if there was an appetite for having the ability to add in cut scenes between campaign missions?

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

18 hours ago, cfrag said:

Do you mean dynamic (i.e. have a scripted 3D scene play out), or a movie? The latter wreaks havoc with VR. The first is something that I'd like to hear more about.

Anything really. Just needs something to help a story flow. 

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of pretty much the same thing. It would be nice to be able to use triggers as the player progresses through a mission that would play a video/sound/image file to provide useful information for the mission, or even as the player reaches certain milestones.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:25 PM, TheTrooper said:

Hi Just another idea for immersion. I was wondering if there was an appetite for having the ability to add in cut scenes between campaign missions?

You can add a track to the start of the mission, If you can create a cutscene in the game, you can add it to the mission..

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2021 at 5:34 PM, Callsign112 said:

I was thinking of pretty much the same thing. It would be nice to be able to use triggers as the player progresses through a mission that would play a video/sound/image file to provide useful information for the mission, or even as the player reaches certain milestones.

Well, there's already the "Image To All" action. Didn't work in MP when it was introduced, but it may work now. It's a bit jarring (especially in VR), but it's a start. I believe I've even seen a Proof Of Concept of a 'video' where this feature was used to play a sequence of images that together formed an animation. Combine that with Sound, and you have a move.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:17 AM, cfrag said:

I believe I've even seen a Proof Of Concept of a 'video' where this feature was used to play a sequence of images that together formed an animation. Combine that with Sound, and you have a move.

And I've somewhat used this concept in this Hind mission:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318235/

Yes, it's very crude 🙂

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH