The Kerman Campaign

ChillNG

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

Sweet! Any rough ETA? This looks really good.

Very rough eta, second half of next year.  I expect to start full development by the end of the year (currently researching and writing).  Anticipate the missions will take approx 6 month to build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Awesome. After seeing your work for a10 and f18 I’m really excited for this. Any updates you can or like to share? @ChillNG

• Thanks 1

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

49 minutes ago, Thanatos31 said:

Awesome. After seeing your work for a10 and f18 I’m really excited for this. Any updates you can or like to share? @ChillNG

Thanks!  Nothing major yet, I'm about 40% complete so far and things are proceeding nicely.  This will be quite similar to Persian Freedom in the mission design, as you'd expect with a more CAS orientated platform like the Harrier.  I plan in putting a full early mission playthrough out at some point in the next month or two as well so you'll get a real feel for it then. But expect a similar style to both Persian Freedom and Cerberus North.

Missions are getting super complex, building on learnings from the first two campaigns around immersion so expect complex, layered missions with lots of outcomes, interaction and decision making.

FOB and FARP operations will be in all missions so the Harrier gets the chance to show off what it can do.

The JTAC system I started in Persian Freedom is back, in a better, more helpful version,.  It will be featured heavily but now more forgiving and the JTAC will importantly, tell you why you weren't cleared hot...which i think will be welcomed!

58 minutes ago, Thanatos31 said:

If you'd not seen it there's a another thread and link to demo mission in the harrier sub forum:

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Great news. Hopefully 2.8 played nicely. Looking forward to this, my first campaign!

One quick question.

Watched the ATC intro yesterday and noticed how "tower" also managed the "ground" return to ramp instruction.

Is that a normal procedure for FOB's - being relatively small? - so no need for dedicated ground controllers.

Also can I assume ATIS will be present?

Regards,

Gary

• Like 1

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

23 minutes ago, Gary said:

Is that a normal procedure for FOB's - being relatively small? - so no need for dedicated ground controllers.

Honestly I do not know, I just did it this way as you were already tuned to the tower and most likely a lot of players wouldn't tune to ground on landing.

25 minutes ago, Gary said:

Also can I assume ATIS will be present?

I haven't included ATIS in this campaign.

Thanks for the comments and the interest in the campaign!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

Honestly I do not know, I just did it this way as you were already tuned to the tower and most likely a lot of players wouldn't tune to ground on landing.

I haven't included ATIS in this campaign.

Thanks for the comments and the interest in the campaign!

Ok - that's a real shame though. I was drawn to your content (Cerebus) because of the superb ATC implementation and additions. Much more immersive for me.

Additions such as ATIS, seperate ground, tower, dep/app agencies is really what floats my boat - more so than actual weapons deployement.

I will most definately still purchase the campaign because good content creators deserve to be supported. In addition your supporting documentation for the previous campaign was outstanding too!

I fear by the time ED address the shocking ATC implementation (which actually really detracts from the overall product now in my view - who wants to be spamed by AWACS or No2 every 3 seceonds!) it will be my grandchildren who see the benefit rather than me.

Kind Regards,

Gary

• Thanks 1

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

On 10/28/2022 at 3:06 AM, ChillNG said:

Campaign is complete and will be submitted in the coming days following a few final tests post 2.8 update.

Sounds good, looking forward to it! Persian Freedom was great and the single mission you put out for Kerman showed a lot of potential for the new campaign. Thanks for doing something for the Harrier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

Hi Chill. I was wondering if you'd be willing to provide on update on when this campaign will be available? Maybe you could throw the Harrier crowd a teaser first mission to tide us over? 😅

I'm hoping for January, campaign has been approved by ED and sent for release 😀.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gunnar81 said:

Looks like your campaign got the shaft in the last update! I was hoping to be playing it, but I can be strong and keep waiting! 😁

There were a few ahead of me in the queue is all.  Fingers crossed for February!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yay, official announcement is here 🙂 

Looking forward to this one - finally an excuse to fly the Harrier. Really enjoyed your A-10 and F-18 campaigns.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

1 hour ago, Andrei said:

Yay, official announcement is here 🙂 

Looking forward to this one - finally an excuse to fly the Harrier. Really enjoyed your A-10 and F-18 campaigns.

Yep finally inbound!  Thanks hope you enjoy this one as much 😀 

• 2 weeks later...