Unable to export MFD's

Mule

Hi,

I really hope someone can help because I am at my wits end.

In the past I have manged to do this but now I can't. 

Below is my setup. The monitor in the middle is a 24 inch and the two on the side are 22 inch and the monitor I want the mfd's to export to in particular the Hornet left and right is at the bottom and is a 10 inch.

In game I have the resolution set to 5760x1080 (I have also tried 5760x2160). I have tried editing the monitor.lua that is called "LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD" to get them exported but it just won't work.

I know it's of course something I am doing wrong but can anyone help me out here please?

https://ibb.co/Z8233523506-10158447006399842-107528008570

Edited by Mule

Hi Fusedspine, I have tried Helios and it reports back all sorts of issues in the monitor interface. I am trying both ways. I  have used Helios way back and even made a popular video on how to use it. The issue I have with Helios is setting up the initial file save structure. At least I think that's where I am going wrong. Thanks. I watched that video yesterday and followed it to the letter. No joy. I need to be shown the steps before where that is started. 

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, Mule said:

This is how the monitors are set up in windows.

windows-display.png

try looking here

@Mule

What graphics card do you have? What resolution are each of your monitors? Which monitor is the main monitor set to in windows, 1?

with that info, attach the monitor config file you are using and I'll take a look

Edited by jonsky7

So I have assumed that all of your monitors are 1080p.

There's two ways you can do this

1. leave your monitors setup like you have, but that is over 4 million more pixels DCS has to render, and leaves a lot of un-displayable space, shown in red. There are many of the "games indicators" like the Crew status windows for Huey and Mi8, the controls indicator, NS430 pop up window, and the kneeboard etc, that are configured to open in the bottom corners of the total resolution, and since you do not have a display there you won't be able to see them.

But here's a config file for you to try.

Use 5760x2160 as your DCS resolution

Monitor config file---- 3 monitors, MFD under.lua

12.jpg

2. Personally I think the following would be better. Re-arrange your displays like this

Use 7680x1080 as your DCS resolution

Monitor config file--3 monitors, MFD side.lua

8.jpg

As I have no way to test your setup, you'll probably have to do some adjustments. I'm also not sure about not having the main monitor as the far left one. So report back if needed.
But do check out the guide to give yourself an understanding.

Good luck

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mule said:

Hi Jonsky. Thanks for taking the time to reply and do all that. I will give it a go as soon as I am home. Much appreciated.

If either of those completely mess up your DCS and you can't press "OK" to revert back, if you move or delete
Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua

that will restore the graphics setting to default.

• Like 1

I tried both the bottom one didn't work and the suggestion to do the side option made more sense so I tried that.

I have set the resolution in the in game options as 7680x1080 and rearranged the monitors in windows. I selected the 3 monitors mfd side. 

This is what it looks like.

IMG-5250.jpg

45 minutes ago, Mule said:

I tried both the bottom one didn't work and the suggestion to do the side option made more sense so I tried that.

I have set the resolution in the in game options as 7680x1080 and rearranged the monitors in windows. I selected the 3 monitors mfd side. 

This is what it looks like.

IMG-5250.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't sure about how to set it up, I've never done a MFD export with more than one screen as the "camera". 
I've also not played around with when main monitor wasn't the most left in the display settings. Not having your main monitor as the most left used to cause all sorts of problems, but I have been told that is no longer the case, but I'm not sure how it's implemented.

The coordinate system for the screen works on x y position. I'm not sure if your main display is classed as x=0 y=0, or it's just the top left corner of the entire resolution is x=0 y=0.

Try this one
3 monitors, MFD side v2.lua

Edited by jonsky7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonsky7 said:

Yeah, I wasn't sure about how to set it up, I've never done a MFD export with more than one screen as the "camera". 
I've also not played around with when main monitor wasn't the most left in the display settings. Not having your main monitor as the most left used to cause all sorts of problems, but I have been told that is no longer the case, but I'm not sure how it's implemented.

The coordinate system for the screen works on x y position. I'm not sure if your main display is classed as x=0 y=0, or it's just the top left corner of the entire resolution is x=0 y=0.

Try this one
3 monitors, MFD side v2.lua

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That works! Jonsky I can't thank you enough. This has been doing my head in for days and days. Thank you so much for taking the all that time to do that.

Brilliant!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mule said:

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

That works! Jonsky I can't thank you enough. This has been doing my head in for days and days. Thank you so much for taking the all that time to do that.

Brilliant!!

Haha awesome, you know a reaction like that is all it takes to make it worthwhile, glad to have helped mate.