High CPU usage with the Ryzen CPUs in DCS 2.7

After updating to DCS 2.7, my computer seems abnormal. CPU usage can climb up to 70% for my 5800x if I play the game in single play mode. When I pause the game, the CPU usage goes down. The unsteady and high cpu usage in DCS cause my Ryzen CPU fans goes crazy...The noise makes me very unhappy.

So is there some problem with my windows system, graphic driver or the DCS itself has some bug? I cannot accepct the high cpu usage of DCS because the fan noise really really annoys me.

I hope the developers could explain why the CPU usage of DCS goes veryyyyyy bad.

dcs (3).png

dcs (2).png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Having the same issue with a 9600k.  Only 6 cores, but often all 6 can be easily maxed out at 100% causing huge stutters and FPS to drop to 30, even with nothing happening except a couple AI planes taking off in the distance.  I typically get 120 FPS or more with my 3080 with the settings all turned up.  But the game will turn into a slide show on simple free flight instant missions.  And no matter what I'm doing or even if the settings are on LOW, I still have 99% GPU utilization which can also cause stutters when anything new pops on screen.   In a way, my 3080 actually is performing worse than my 2070, which means this seems to be a scaling issue.  It's almost like DCS sees your hardware and just uses EVERYTHING no matter what else is happening.  So there is no point upgrading your hardware. In fact, you might be better off sticking with lower end specs in many cases. 

• 1 month later...

Pooh, I'm kind of relieved that it's not just me who have the problem. I also noticed that DCS draws from the full here. I am currently so far that I wanted to exchange my CPU. I currently play a lot with the Mi-24 and am a pure single player. And that's when I noticed with the ready-made instant missions that I always notice short, small jerks here. Not massive, the fps don't drop noticeably either. But it briefly disrupts the flow of the game. A Ryzen 5 1600X is installed in my arithmetic servant, RTX2070, 48GB DDR4, SSD and .M2 (only DCS runs on the .M2, nothing else). I claim the hardware is not necessarily the worst. I also set the page file to 16GB. And I also constantly test with the Nvidia settings and the settings in DCS. But I never get a result that is completely satisfactory for me. What is now satisfactory is debatable, I know. 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!