P-38 LIGHTNING BY PASTRANA MOD WIP

Seems interesting, but I hope this will not dilute your efforts with the Pucara .. for me the Pucara is the most interesting of the two, in anticipation of Razbam releasing their South Atlantic Map. 👍

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ah, I may get into Warbirds because of this...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

Ah, I may get into Warbirds because of this...

You can already do it, by flying the free TF-51D module.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

No, not even close for me. I used to play an online multiplayer game called Warbirds and P-38 is a very different WW2 fighter.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m in.  The more engines, the better.  Signed up last week.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news? What’s going on with the P-38?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Hello,
I am very interested in your P-38 mod.
I'm looking forward to seeing it online.
I thank you very much for the work you are doing and I am impressed by the precision of the details of your Pucara.
Could you tell us when this beautiful mod will be finished?
Thank you and good luck.
Best regards.
Fill. 

Hola,
Estoy muy interesado en su mod P-38.
Estoy deseando verlo en línea.
Te agradezco mucho el trabajo que estás haciendo y me impresiona la precisión de los detalles de tu Pucara.
¿Podría decirnos cuándo estará terminado este hermoso mod?
Gracias y buena suerte.
Mis mejores deseos.
Fill. 

• 1 month later...

If I don’t read a progress report pretty soon, I’m going to cancel my support.  There must some kind of news since early August.

TWC_SLAG

kolpakof,
Not a progress report, and I know what a P-38 looks like. 🙂

TWC_SLAG

On 11/5/2021 at 10:57 PM, TWC_SLAG said:

If I don’t read a progress report pretty soon, I’m going to cancel my support.  There must some kind of news since early August.

Lol, are you paying him? 🙄

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

18 minutes ago, FupDuck said:

Lol, are you paying him? 🙄

Maybe he has subscribed the author's Patreon.

On 11/9/2021 at 1:51 PM, Rudel_chw said:

Maybe he has subscribed the author's Patreon.

Fupdick,

Yes, I did, and I would like to know what is happening.

• Like 1

TWC_SLAG

Lol that was a mistake. Hope we learned something today.

21 hours ago, TWC_SLAG said:

Fupdick,

Yes, I did, and I would like to know what is happening.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The P-38, apart from tests with one or two examples and their abandonment in 1945, never flew with torpedoes. Although the test results were "promising", they were abandoned due to the drastic reduction of the aircraft's range in the event of two torpedoes being hung and the maximum speed dropping to about 300 mph. With one torpedo and two fuel tanks suspended, the range was acceptable, but the speed was still too low.
For these reasons, the research and testing project was closed.
So why bother with torpedoes on the P-38? Wouldn't it be better to spend this time on fine-tuning the flight model and the weapons actually used?