JSOWs vulnerable to SAMs

SharpeXB

4 hours ago, Frederf said:

It's not like Raytheon is just going to publish the RCS of their classified stealth glide weapon. It would be good of DCS to guess though.

That's not really the point.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

18 hours ago, Frederf said:

It's not like Raytheon is just going to publish the RCS of their classified stealth glide weapon. It would be good of DCS to guess though.

We know what the shape of it is, so it can even be calculated, that doesn't take into account RAM coating but it's not something that they can really hide.

Though it would require some serious computing power to get an accurate value, but the good thing is we only need to do it once.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

I was somewhat confused when I tried doing the JSOW qualification mission in the hornets mission list.  With the weapons loadout you're given I can't find a way to complete the mission.  The SA-10 knocks every one of them out of the sky while they're still 35 miles out.