Anyone had their nozzles not travel beyond 75?

Chipwich

I had a flight the other night and during a case 1 recovery could not get the nozzles passed 75 degrees.  I caught it while in the grove, executed a wave off, flew a longer approach, but no joy.  I was able to recover doing an abbreviated VL to short landing roll with the nozzles at 75.  I had never had this happen before and wondered if I had damaged the flaps during the flight somehow that was preventing full nozzle travel. 

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

This happened to me yesterday as well. Do you have your STO Stop mapped to an axis? 

My STO Stop is mapped to the Warthog throttle's INCR/DECR wheel. On takeoff I had it set to 55. After takeoff I moved my physical axis all the way aft, but the sim failed to recognize the full travel and only brought it back to 70 or 75. I had move my STO Stop axis up, then back down to reset it so I could get to the Hover Stop. 

I believ the issue is caused by the switches' animation delay in the Harrier. If you try to move the flaps straight from CRUISE to STO, it will stop at AUTO even though your controller's flap switch is in STO. I assume moving the physical axis for the STO Stop too quickly (which I'm likely to do) won't register the full travel, and it will stop somewhere in the middle. 

I also frequently see the physical axis and in-game STO Stop desync if the physical axis is not full aft at mission start. It will temporarily reverse the axis in some cases.

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Oesau said:

just asking - did you have your nozzle stop lever all the way back and not set at 76?

No.  I cycled the STO stop a couple of times to make sure. The animation showed it moving completely forward to 35 and completely backward, but the nozzle lever would stop at 75, which also matched what was indicated on the cockpit display and HUD.   I wish that I would have captured video.  Anyway, it worked fine the next flight.

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro