AI B-66 Destroyer Especially the EB-66 and A-3 Skywarior

upyr1

Just now, upyr1 said:

I don't expect to have a flyable module, because reasons however I would love to love to have these two planes, especially when we get the IAD overhaul. My dad was an EB-66 EWO

💯 Aproval them, A-3 Skywarrior / RA-3 / KA-3 / EA-3 / EKA-3 / ERA-3 / B-66 Destroyer / RB-66 / EB-66 into DCS. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

I'm not really sold on the B-66 (yet), but the Skywarrior should be implemented in the game.

Even if it's AI only, it's capabilities are quite an asset for early-mid 70s missions. That is both tanking and electronic warfare. Sometimes even during the same sortie...

The two planes are quite similar externally and did similar missions except there wasn't a kb-66. So as long as they are using the sfm they might as well toss in the 41st tews eb-66 

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

They are superficially similar, but the number of common parts is actually rather low and they're two entirely different aircraft.

My main reason for not being sold on the B-66 (yet) is the lack of gaming context (so far).

I know they're only superficially similar, the B-66 was the A-3D's underachieving sister. It was retired in 1975, and the A-3 would serve until 1991. I believe they were used as tankers in Desert Storm. The gaming context, is the (E)B-66 would be part of an AI USAF strike package. The real question, is how much time and effort would it require to build a 3d model of both. I know the wings differ slightly and the canopies differ quite a bit. Since they are going to be AI only we really only have to worry about the externals. I know the A3D would be a must have when the F8U is released combine those with the A4D mod and we'll have a nice early 1960s carrier airwing, true we'll be missing the A1D.

10 minutes ago, jetmechanic said:

I would pay good money for my favorite aircraft A-3 Skywarrior. Second is the A-1 skyraider. 

So I guess you would be interested in a 1960s asset pack since this is a request for AI versions. We might be able to get the bomber versions but I'm not holding my breath on the EW version except as AI when the IAD Module is introduced 

Edited by upyr1