Here are some F-18 flights. I hope everyone can give me some suggestions.

woodylineage

Cinematic and entertaining in a Hollywood style, but..

Improper launch, 20 right clearing turn, return BRC, maintain 500 ft for 7 miles. It's not photogenic but keeps others safe.

Check out one of the many tutorials for a case one recovery, video suggests right hand pattern and well you were told to wave off twice.....

Still good fun, thanks and you can enjoy your game any way you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1小时前,Fusedspine33说:

Cinematic and entertaining in a Hollywood style, but..

Improper launch, 20 right clearing turn, return BRC, maintain 500 ft for 7 miles. It's not photogenic but keeps others safe.

Check out one of the many tutorials for a case one recovery, video suggests right hand pattern and well you were told to wave off twice.....

Still good fun, thanks and you can enjoy your game any way you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I will slowly correct the driving style and shoot various kinds of pictures.

@Hulkbust44.....regarding DDIs. I'm curious why I would have 1 DDI showing HUD when I got a HUD right in front of my face with much better spatial awareness and perception....especially during daylight ops? I think HSI and FCS would be the most appropriate , but if there is reason-logic for that please let me know. I'll listen to anything that improves my flying and establishes good practice(s) and routines.

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

@Hulkbust44.....regarding DDIs. I'm curious why I would have 1 DDI showing HUD when I got a HUD right in front of my face with much better spatial awareness and perception....especially during daylight ops? I think HSI and FCS would be the most appropriate , but if there is reason-logic for that please let me know. I'll listen to anything that improves my flying and establishes good practice(s) and routines.

It's a backup for if you lose your HUD during the stroke.

I have needed it after battle damage sometimes too.

Mobius708

Ah....got it...I've never survived battle damage in the F/A-18 🙄. In the A-10 had a lot of vigorous flights home nursing just about everything, and I see your point.

It seems impossible to keep up with the forum and YT video, but I wonder if anyone has put out a procedural list of what would be the proper/standard DDI/AMPCD setup for different phases of the flight, like Cold Start, Taxi/Takeoff, Approach, Landing and Taxi?

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Ah....got it...I've never survived battle damage in the F/A-18 . In the A-10 had a lot of vigorous flights home nursing just about everything, and I see your point.
It seems impossible to keep up with the forum and YT video, but I wonder if anyone has put out a procedural list of what would be the proper/standard DDI/AMPCD setup for different phases of the flight, like Cold Start, Taxi/Takeoff, Approach, Landing and Taxi?

From watching cockpit vids,for takeoff it looks like the standard is HSI, HUD, FCS. Dosen't exactly matter where.

Landing would be HUD, checklist, HSI.

For ACL Link 4 format is on a DDI.

Mobius708

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

As people have said it's back up but also you can use it if the sun is in your eyes because the HUD page not see through. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ultrablue2258 said:

As people have said it's back up but also you can use it if the sun is in your eyes because the HUD page not see through. 

Yeah I believe HUD on DDI is the "proper" way. My own personal protocol is to change this over for the ADI as in a sim I see a backup hud as a bit pointless. I also like to have HSI on either left or right and then FCS on the middle. I only have this on as I have random failures enabled but I'm yet to experience one...