AI Gunnery Too Accurate

rkk01

Been playing with nightfighter Ops…

Anton Wilde Sau against a bomber stream using B-17s as a stand in for RAF heavy bombers

Night time, no airborne radar and the B-17 gunners still open up with accurate defensive fire.  Last play through and they were opening fire at 2.5km… AT NIGHT😮😮😮

I’d kind of believe that at 200-500m someone might get a glance, but even then the accuracy of fire would probably need to be reduced to account for visibility

Pretty doubtful they’d even see a small single engined fighter like the 190, especially as I tend to approach from below so that the bomber is visible against the sky - ie my small fighter has ground behind and is not silhouetted 

(ETA - the B-17 defensive armament also considerably outguns the RAF equivalents, especially 50 cals vs .303s and waist / ball turret positions. So the B-17 works as a stand in, but not brilliantly…!)

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Not sure how I get a track file / where it’s saved 😳 

When you quit a mission, you get the debriefing page. There you can click on "save track" button and you get the path where tracks are stored and you can write the name of the track you want to save.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still suspicious of AI gunnery. I'd like to see tacviews/videos of humans being this accurate. I know I can't score that many hits that fast even with a properly dialed K-14 on a straight-and-level target. What's worse, he out-maneuvered me with an external tank and two bombs (restrict jettison=on). My Anton flying sucks, but the level of suck isn't this bad.