Is the "shock absorber" too good to be realistic?

Dr. Anti-Vehicle

When watching carrier landing videos from real life, the plane bounces violently after touchdown. While in DCS, the landing gears seem to absorb all the impact energy like a champ. Same thing with the plane when moving on the ground because the plane is really steady. If we can make the plane more bouncy and mimic the "roughness", that would be nice imo.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Dr. Anti-Vehicle said:

When watching carrier landing videos from real life, the plane bounces violently after touchdown. While in DCS, the landing gears seem to absorb all the impact energy like a champ. Same thing with the plane when moving on the ground because the plane is really steady. If we can make the plane more bouncy and mimic the "roughness", that would be nice imo.

Yep, the plane is missing the bounce after you slam it on the deck/field. It definitely is not just you.

• 2 weeks later...

+1!

Did ask the same some posts ago.

it´s one of the main things that cut imersion to me is lack of bouncing after landing on the deck. The landing animation is too artificial.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I already reportet it:

BIGNEWY said it will be part of the flight model review. I can't wait for it 😀

• Like 2

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals