TUTORIAL FOR VAICOM AND QUESTIONS FOR NEW USERS?

davescl

Hi, sorry for bothering, but I watched many videos in youtube regarding Vaicom, and purchased the plugin for VoiceAttack, however I have been unable to make it work. I am sure it is my lack of knowledge but I feel frustrated and looking for help. I just need to do simple things:
1.- communicate with the Tanker

2.- assign a frequency to a radio (when I use the "tune" instruction It always end in the M channell)

Funny though the tune instruction works without PTT, and when I try it I check the instructions log window in VoiceAttack and it says "command '******' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

Another curious issue is that all spoken command in the Push to Talk category in Voice Attack, have a  (voice disabled) hint next to "Transmit TX* press/release.

Sorry to bother with this but don't have any other place where to ask for help.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi, sorry for bothering, but I watched many videos in youtube regarding Vaicom, and purchased the plugin for VoiceAttack, however I have been unable to make it work. I am sure it is my lack of knowledge but I feel frustrated and looking for help. I just need to do simple things:
2.- assign a frequency to a radio (when I use the "tune" instruction It always end in the M channell)

Funny though the tune instruction works without PTT, and when I try it I check the instructions log window in VoiceAttack and it says "command '******' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.
Another curious issue is that all spoken command in the Push to Talk category in Voice Attack, have a  (voice disabled) hint next to "Transmit TX* press/release.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave!
Congratulations as a new VAICOM user. We'll sort this out.

To communicate with the tanker say "Texaco, approaching for refuel". Change Texaco to correct tanker, and the correct frequency/preset must of course be used. "Select Texaco" first, (to tune), can be used if VAICOM is correctly configured.

Are you talking about tuning the frequency?
Use the appropriate TX button for tuning the correct radio.
"Select AM/FM one two three decimal four", for frequency.
"Select channel one", for preset.
Doesn't work in all modules.

Yes, you don't want to say "TX1 press/release" instead of pushing the button, so the voice command is disabled for that. Correct as is. Make also sure that you haven't setup a VoiceAttack PTT that conflict with/equals any physical TX button in the VAICOM profile.
VAICOM only uses VA as a gateway to Microsoft Speech Recognition for the speech-to-text. The text is sent back to the VAICOM plugin for the handling of commands sent to DCS in the background. No keypresses.
I also have some serious issues with the latest VAICOM version. I also constantly get the "Disabled command". That's a VoiceAttack message, that tells you that the plugin has disabled them for some reason. So I have rolled back to 2.5.24 version, and those issues are gone. I only have some intermittent problems with the ATC page with the keyboard now.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, davescl said:

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

It sounds like the configuration isn't right and the other issues are following on from that. Just checking that you have set up Voiceattack and Vaicom following the instructions in the Vaicom manual, and that you have correctly pointed Vaicom to your DCS install (standalone / steam and OB / stable) in the Vaicom config.

Please could you post a screenshot of the (voice disabled) message.

Are you on Discord? If so, I am happy to jump on a voice call at the weekend to work through this.

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks people for the help, I will post some pics so it could help to better understand the situation.

I am on Discord, and yes, that would be awesome of having the chance of troubleshoot the issue. 
Korso#9207 on Discord (at least thats is how I see my id when check the config icon...ha ha )

Note: I apologize if my english is not that great, It's kind of rusty, because It's been a while since the last time I had to communicate with friends abroad (I am from Chile).

Cheers, 

Dave

Edited by davescl
  • Like 1