Where is the JF-17 official manual? I can only find a chuck's guide.

Napillo

The difficult part is that they need to balance how deep the systems will be described in their public manual,so they won't be taken down by the government.

Personally I hope we can get a manual like "that f-16 sim one" or the dcs manuals for the Tomcat and the Mirage.

Edited by Akiazusa

Kyoto Animation forever!

I've heard over 1.000.000 copies of this module were sold. Multiply this with a price and you starting ask yourself: A manual is a problem? For that money? Hmmmmm.

1 hour ago, Akiazusa said:

The difficult part is that they need to balance how deep the systems will be described in their public manual,so they won't be taken down by the government.

Personally I hope we can get a manual like "that f-16 sim one" or the dcs manuals for the Tomcat and the Mirage.

A manual is not a problem. Why would anyone develop systems so deep knowing they can be taken down by government and then not describe them in manual? It would be a complete waste of time.

26 minutes ago, Tolovay said:

I've heard over 1.000.000 copies of this module were sold.

I really hope that number were true, for the financial health of the developers, but it seems really improbable when you check other numbers, like the number of users at Hoggit forum, which is 77,000 and the number of users at ED forum, which used to be around 100,000 (currently it cant be seen).

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 3/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, Tolovay said:

I've heard over 1.000.000 copies of this module were sold. Multiply this with a price and you starting ask yourself: A manual is a problem? For that money? Hmmmmm.

A manual is not a problem. Why would anyone develop systems so deep knowing they can be taken down by government and then not describe them in manual? It would be a complete waste of time.

As rudel said, where did you here this? 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 3/2/2022 at 6:57 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I really hope that number were true, for the financial health of the developers, but it seems really improbable when you check other numbers, like the number of users at Hoggit forum, which is 77,000 and the number of users at ED forum, which used to be around 100,000 (currently it cant be seen).

Numbers you see are just the tip of the iceberg. The majority of players are not even registered on forums NOR care about multiplayer. And when you start to calculate how many people are getting salary from DCS, those cash number are actualy not that big.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 7:41 PM, Napillo said:

Chinese manual was released, it'll be already on your computer. English - not yet.

336 pdf pages in the Chinese manual. Now if we can only get it translated

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 3 months later...

Is there any news about the English manual? (complete one). I don't understand what the problem is? If there is a Chinese one, why not an English one? I don't accept beta as an excuse 😉 the module has been out for several years now and costs 80 EUR. Come on guys......

Edited by Pilota310
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Same over here, still awaiting the English Manual. Too bad, because i'd love to see all the stuff about their custom Datalink etc. in Detail.

That is why I started manually feeding it all, step by step into deepl.
I now reached the limit, but here is the first fourty Pages (Badly formatted, not checked AT ALL, literally copied and pasted from deepl!)

I might add to this at some later date.

JF-17-Deepl_Translation.docx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CreepyLP said:

I might add to this at some later date.

Thanks a lot for the effort, lets hope that the official manual can't be that far away, so not sure if it is worth your time to be attempting this translation.

best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

we found a translator to translate CN to EN last year, but after two- three months, he said he had no time and quit, and we didnt see anything from him yet.

still finding a new translator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

1 hour ago, uboats said:

we found a translator to translate CN to EN last year, but after two- three months, he said he had no time and quit, and we didnt see anything from him yet.

still finding a new translator

thank you for the candid answer … if I were fluent on Chinese, I would offer my services on a heartbeat, unfortunately its not the case … hopefully you will find a good translator soon 🙂

• Like 1