DCS: Mosquito Pre-Order!

NineLine

4 minutes ago, Morat said:

I want a Spit XIV to give those damn K4s an even fight!

But we already have a Spitfire on DCS, wouldn't you prefer to learn a completely different aircraft? 🙂

... after all, real pilots don't get to choose which aircraft they use, nor which aircraft their enemy uses .. real life is not balanced and pilot's learn to deal with it.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

But we already have a Spitfire on DCS, wouldn't you prefer to learn a completely different aircraft? 🙂

... after all, real pilots don't get to choose which aircraft they use, nor which aircraft their enemy uses .. real life is not balanced and pilot's learn to deal with it.

I'm sure everyone has different priorities for new modules. I'd like a Griffon engined Spit, please 🙂

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Morat said:

I'm sure everyone has different priorities for new modules. I'd like a Griffon engined Spit, please 🙂

I would prefer a Hawker Tempest but as they have said no to the Typhoon I doubt we will see a Tempest, in which case 100% bring on the Griffon. 

To be honest the Griffon caused a lot of problems as the prop spins in the opposite direction of the Merlin, so arguably it would feel a lot different. 

• Like 2

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

14 minutes ago, Krupi said:

I would prefer a Hawker Tempest but as they have said no to the Typhoon I doubt we will see a Tempest, in which case 100% bring on the Griffon. 

To be honest the Griffon caused a lot of problems as the prop spins in the opposite direction of the Merlin, so arguably it would feel a lot different. 

A man after my own heart.....I also would love a Hawker Tempest 👍

• Like 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

48 minutes ago, Basco1 said:

A man after my own heart.....I also would love a Hawker Tempest 👍

Yes, me too! But ED seem to only do modules for aircraft that have a flying example. I'm not saying that's a hard and fast rule but I guess it would be difficult to verify the model against "just" CFD.

5 minutes ago, Morat said:

Yes, me too! But ED seem to only do modules for aircraft that have a flying example. I'm not saying that's a hard and fast rule but I guess it would be difficult to verify the model against "just" CFD.

Show me the flying Dora 9?

No flying examples exist. As long as there is sufficient evidence and pilots around to talk to clearly they can model an aircraft without one flying. 

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

1 hour ago, Morat said:

Fair enough.

There must be another reason they said no to a Tempest.

They didn't say no to the Tempest to be fair, they said no to the Typhoon, I made the assumption that meant no to both given the numerous similarities. 

I will have to dig it out, I believe it was a statement on a YouTube video by someone who works for DCS

Project IX Cockpit

21 minutes ago, Krupi said:

They didn't say no to the Tempest to be fair, they said no to the Typhoon, I made the assumption that meant no to both given the numerous similarities. 

I will have to dig it out, I believe it was a statement on a YouTube video by someone who works for DCS

Sad either way 😞

12 hours ago, Krupi said:

Too bad, if I could choose between the two, I’d rather have the Typhoon. It was a much more significant aircraft in the war, and was much more successful than the credit it gets.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Not true there is a Sabre running, more than one in fact. 

In the UK RB396 have a running example which will be used in there Typhoon. 

Kermit Weeks has two for his Tempest Project which is currently on hold, unfortunately... But he has a ridiculous number of projects on the go. 

Some Canadians have an example they hope to bring back to working conditions for there JP843 Project. 

All of these are aiming for airworthiness, so fingers crossed we will get one in DCS in the future. 

• Like 1

Project IX Cockpit

29 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I think Nick Grey said the Tempest II was more possible than the Tempest V. I’d guess that’s because Centaurus engined Sea Fury’s are relatively common. No one’s had a Napier Sabre running for a long long time unfortunately.

There is also a Tempest II due to fly in the U.K very shortly which TFC will have access to if they wanted. I'd love to see a tempest in DCS and I've always favored the II over the V, personally. But I would love a Griffon Spit, too!

• Like 1

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

3 hours ago, Krupi said:

Not true there is a Sabre running, more than one in fact. 

In the UK RB396 have a running example which will be used in there Typhoon. 

Kermit Weeks has two for his Tempest Project which is currently on hold, unfortunately... But he has a ridiculous number of projects on the go. 

Some Canadians have an example they hope to bring back to working conditions for there JP843 Project. 

All of these are aiming for airworthiness, so fingers crossed we will get one in DCS in the future. 

Running Sabres really? 

It was gifted to the Project by Cranfield University. It was running but is currently being refurbished for airworthiness. 

https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/press/news-2017/cranfield-helps-typhoon-project-with-engine

Here is good article on Kermit Weeks Sabre's. 

https://www.google.com/amp/warbirdsnews.com/aviation-museum-news/tempest-revival.html/amp

Edited by Krupi

Project IX Cockpit

7 minutes ago, Krupi said:

It was gifted to the Project by Cranfield University. It was running but is currently being refurbished for airworthiness. 

https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/press/news-2017/cranfield-helps-typhoon-project-with-engine

Here is good article on Kermit Weeks Sabre's. 

https://www.google.com/amp/warbirdsnews.com/aviation-museum-news/tempest-revival.html/amp

Aye. The article suggests the Cranfield engine is in “running condition” and that there are some running examples in the US. There’s just not a lot of evidence for actually running Sabres online.

Just a public service announcement, as the news release could be parsed in different ways. I'm certain you can all read, do math, and come to your own conclusions.

The Channel, sans Mosquito Pre-Order 30% Discount.

unknown.png

The Channel, with Mosquito Pre-Order 30% Discount.

unknown.png

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

Just a public service announcement, as the news release could be parsed in different ways. I'm certain you can all read, do math, and come to your own conclusions.

The Channel, sans Mosquito Pre-Order 30% Discount.

The Channel, with Mosquito Pre-Order 30% Discount.

The way I understand it is :-

For pre-orders of modules that are not yet released into Early Access you would get 30% discount.

For purchases of modules that have already released into Early Access you would get 20% discount.

So in this case you buy into the Mossie pre-purchase you get 30% discount on the aircraft ($59.99 -30% = $41.99)

If you buy the Channel Map and DON'T buy the Mossie you get 20% discount on it ($49.00-20% = $39.99)

If you buy the Channel map and have already pre-purchased the Mossie (at 30% discount) you can get the Channel Map for $34.99 ($49.00 - 30% = $34.99)

I just checked the ED web store and it's on there, you would have to log into your account so the system knows what you already have/have not got and I would assume add the extra 10% discount onto the Channel map when you go to the checkout. I can't check this part as I already had the Channel Map from when it first dropped last year. So I missed out on this offer on the map. I got 20% on it when it first released.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

now we just need a JU88, BF110, HE111, and Wellington. 

• Like 3

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

1 hour ago, Beirut said:

What we need, good sir, is a Lancaster. :smoke:

A 7-crew aircraft?  Either one gets six friends to fly it with me, or the AI has to take care of most of the aircraft ... I really don't see the appeal. 

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

28 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

A 7-crew aircraft?  Either one gets six friends to fly it with me, or the AI has to take care of most of the aircraft ... I really don't see the appeal. 

Oh, but I do. 🙂

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

If you do not see the appeal of a Lancaster, I'm afraid your condition is beyond my ability to remedy.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!