DCS: Mosquito Pre-Order!

NineLine

6 hours ago, razo+r said:

190 does not have a mixture control, and the 109 doesnt really have one either.

Thanks for that razo+r, guess it saves an axis. 

5 hours ago, DD_Fenrir said:

Night fighter variants are kind of irrelevant to DCS WW2 currently - a C-6 Ju-88 kind of makes sense. 

As we have an AI, they could modify that without too much trouble, but better still would be a Flyable version, with the solid nose and guns,.....even if it is generally going to lose!

On 8/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, rkk01 said:

7B4E0E51-8A07-4F30-A9FB-5C5B458231E9.jpeg

Thanks, I will wait to see if 'probably' and 'hope' comes to fruition.  I will wait for confirmation of historical time delayed bomb fuses and be happy to pay full price later on to make sure I am not sold short.

Happy landings,

Talisman 

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

41 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wonder if it will be able to outrun the 109K....

Not at any height... 

I doubt they ever actually came into contact in reality to be honest 😅

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

12 minutes ago, Krupi said:

Not at any height... 

I doubt they ever actually came into contact in reality to be honest 😅

Well they sure as hell will be coming into contact in DCS World 🙂

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 8/15/2021 at 7:24 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

Night fighter variants are kind of irrelevant to DCS WW2 currently - a C-6 Ju-88 kind of makes sense. 

So, at some point, let’s make a nightfighter version relevant.  Hell, a week ago, no version of the Mosquito was relevant.  If we had a British nightfighter, the C-6 Ju-88 would be great.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

@SUNTSAG video convinced me, so I took the plunge and just pre-ordered, even tough I'm still learning the Hind .. let's hope that the launch onto Early Access is still a couple of months away, so that I can still finish with the Hind 🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

@SUNTSAG video convinced me, so I took the plunge and just pre-ordered, even tough I'm still learning the Hind .. let's hope that the launch onto Early Access is still a couple of months away, so that I can still finish with the Hind 🙄

Bite your tongue!!! 🤫

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

Yes, Pre-ordered of course. 

Now, I want the P-38 to be the next twin engine prop. 

<S>

• Like 3

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

On 8/18/2021 at 2:35 PM, MegOhm_SD said:

Yes, Pre-ordered of course. 

Now, I want the P-38 to be the next twin engine prop. 

<S>

I’d imagine the P38 will arrive sooner than later. Surely it falls into the low hanging fruit category of WW2 single seat aircraft with easily available data and readily available airworthy examples.

P38

P40

P39

Hurricane

F6F

F4F

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I can imagine we’ll see more 109, 190 and Spitfire variants.

Why? .. I'd love more variety, a La-5 or Yak-9 would be much more interesting to me ... even an Italian MC.205 or similar would be better than yet another US or German aircraft ... variety please ED 👍

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Why? .. I'd love more variety, a La-5 or Yak-9 would be much more interesting to me ... even an Italian MC.205 or similar would be better than yet another US or German aircraft ... variety please ED 👍

ED have said the Battle of Britain is on the menu. That’ll mean the Spit mk1 and 109 E.

The BOB planes would also be useful for Barbarossa style scenarios, we already have the very nice I16 from Mr Octopus. According to ED Silver Dragon Octopus G has a new and unannounced DCS project in the works. It seems likely it’s another Russian plane, or at least an Eastern front suitable aircraft. I enjoyed the Eastern Front campaigns in Maddox IL2.

I can see a Yak being easier than an La. La’s being wooden haven’t survived well. References seem difficult with Russian planes also, although having a Russian speaking team working on them would make things easier I’d imagine.

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

Cant wait for the night fighter.....

Here here!  Starlight calling two four!  I think we will be able to simulate the GCI steer with the other guy on the f10 map.....it will be close enough, but it would be awesome if the AI mk VIII could be accurately simulated and operated in the same way the F14 RIO's scope.....Holding my breath to fly the Tsetse!  Cannot wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gris said:

Pre-ordered, my first paid plane pulling me inexorably into DCS.

Welcome to the pain train! next stop a furball 😄  jokes aside ww2 is very fun to fly, especially in vr, nothing beats a true knifefight and the sound of merlins roaring through the sky

Edited by zcrazyx

20 hours ago, zcrazyx said:

Welcome to the pain train! next stop a furball 😄  jokes aside ww2 is very fun to fly, especially in vr, nothing beats a true knifefight and the sound of merlins roaring through the sky

Yes, looking forward to the sound of those twins cranked up!

On 8/19/2021 at 10:22 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I want a Spit XIV to give those damn K4s an even fight!

• Like 5