[REPORTED] Unable to set WYPT and W/OS elevation

Kappa

I was tring to aquire enemy position using an offset from a known point (my WPT2), i knew that enemy was at 109 for 1.6 nm from it.

then I've created the offset and noticed that it was pretty away from enemies because it was been created at the same elevation of father waypoint, so i tried to adjust offset elevation, and it simply don't work. I can insert the value but the offset position does not change.

Also, waypoint elevation seems to be bugged too, when i tried to change it inserting a value of 170 feet, it have been changed in something like 56 after pressing ENTER.

Please see attached trk

elevation.trk

Edited by Kappa
title update

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

Hi @Kappa,

Thanks for the report. 
I will ask them about the reason why the elevation change does not change the offset position.

Regarding the waypoint elevation, when you insert the elevation in feet, it makes the conversion to meters. So if you insert 1000 ft elevation you will get 304 m on the display. 

• myHelljumper changed the title to [INVESTIATING] Unable to set WYPT and W/OS elevation
  • 1 month later...

@Kappa,

I’ve tested your issue and if you really have the precise bearing and distance you manage to get the w/o on the target. 
I run some different tests with different elevations and worked. Are you sure the bearing and distance were correct?

What I have noticed is that changing the elevation does not make any difference on the position. I will report that!

Thanks

• Like 2

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Unable to set WYPT and W/OS elevation
  • 9 months later...
  • Kappa changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Unable to set WYPT and W/OS elevation and Offsets created via ME are "different"

Resuming this old topic since the issue has not benn solved or marked as reported. 

Had some more tests, elevation can be set but you have to insert something like an elevation of 2000 to have a setup of about 700. There is some unit conversion problem.

Please see trk attached, as you can see I have WPT 1 that has an offset created via ME, WPT 2 in on the same place of WPT 1 and what i do is creating an Offset of WPT 2 with the same parameters of the WPT 1, as you can see, when i try to set offset elevation problems come up.

Please also note that even if WPT 1 and 2 are at the same coordinate in DATA page sometimes they appear shifted.

TEST_AV8_LMAV_OS.miz OS_elev.trk

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• Kappa changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Unable to set WYPT and W/OS elevation
  • 2 weeks later...
Il 18/11/2022 at 13:52, Kappa ha scritto:

Had some more tests, elevation can be set but you have to insert something like an elevation of 2000 to have a setup of about 700. There is some unit conversion problem.

just to be clear. i am talking about Offsets.

Waypoints works fine 🙂

@AlphaJuliet say something! 😆

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] Unable to set WYPT and W/OS elevation