Radio KAOS for DCS

ShaunX

On 2/27/2022 at 7:35 PM, LeeHrvy said:

Issue resolved. went into mission editor and noticed the trigger zone was only like 10ft. i extended the trigger zone to encompass the airfield allowing it to trigger. 

Glad it's working for you now.

However, I don't see how the size of the trigger zone could have caused the problem. The population of the F10 commands is not related to a zone, they just trigger on mission start. The KAOSZone is only required to define the origin of the radio transmission.

So that's a strange one. I suspect that just the act of updating the mission in the ME, which effectively rebuilds the mission file, has somehow resolved the issue.

Let me know if you have any more problems.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm in need of some assistance. I'm getting the error message "Unable to Process Selected mission file - ". I have been successful in creating a KAOS copy of the mission once but as I wanted to update the mission, I deleted that copy and now I want to create a new one. This message is shown for every mission I try with. I've searched for a solution in the User Guide and on the forum, can't find anything.

What I've tried.

-Restarting the app.

-Restarting the PC.

-Disc cleaning in case some temp file is screwing things up.

-Moving the mission file to another directory.

-Making a change in the mission editor and saving.

-Deleting the playlist and recreating.

-Trying different MHz in case the error message was a generic one and the MHz wasn't supported.

I just solved it while writing this. Might as well leave what I've already written as it might be used as a bug report.

If you have this problem then I solved it by deleting everything in the Temp folder located in C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\RadioKAOS\System\Temp.

Have a lovely day!

image.png

So now that I got the app working, I can't get any sound while in DCS. As you can see on the image, I've played the track for 19 seconds and there is no sound. Creating another mission without any triggers except the KAOS triggers still does not play any sound. The file works with VLC.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.28 - 21.36.47.15.png

Edited by Fatie89

11 hours ago, Fatie89 said:

So now that I got the app working, I can't get any sound while in DCS. As you can see on the image, I've played the track for 19 seconds and there is no sound. Creating another mission without any triggers except the KAOS triggers still does not play any sound. The file works with VLC.

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.04.28 - 21.36.47.15.png

Hi,

Sorry you're having problems. I probably won't get a chance to look at this till next week I'm afraid.

In the meantime, AM radio transmissions in DCS can be impacted by terrain as in reality (and I don't believe DCS allows for any ionospheric refraction). Can you check that your aircraft has a clear line of sight to the radio transmitter (which the app places near the centre of the terrain map - the transmission eminates from the centre of the KAOSzone at ground/sea level). No mountains/hills in the way ?

If that's not it, please make a new simple KAOS mission with a single, small transmission file, them PM me the .miz file.

Are you on the latest open beta ? I haven't had the chance to check it with recent updates so hoping they haven't affected it.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

10 hours ago, ShaunX said:

Hi,

Sorry you're having problems. I probably won't get a chance to look at this till next week I'm afraid.

In the meantime, AM radio transmissions in DCS can be impacted by terrain as in reality (and I don't believe DCS allows for any ionospheric refraction). Can you check that your aircraft has a clear line of sight to the radio transmitter (which the app places near the centre of the terrain map - the transmission eminates from the centre of the KAOSzone at ground/sea level). No mountains/hills in the way ?

If that's not it, please make a new simple KAOS mission with a single, small transmission file, them PM me the .miz file.

Are you on the latest open beta ? I haven't had the chance to check it with recent updates so hoping they haven't affected it.

Hello!

"impacted by terrain"

This was something I thought about as well, I therefor flew high up. And I have also put the aircraft right next to the trigger. Also, playing the file through the trigger menu should just play the file that has been chosen.

"with a single, small transmission file"

Tried this as well.

"them PM me the .miz file."

A mission with a single F-18 on Caucasus and a single track has been uploaded.

"Are you on the latest open beta ?"

Yes

Have a nice weekend and thanks for the assistance!

KAOS test map_KAOS.miz

12 hours ago, Fatie89 said:

Hello!

"impacted by terrain"

This was something I thought about as well, I therefor flew high up. And I have also put the aircraft right next to the trigger. Also, playing the file through the trigger menu should just play the file that has been chosen.

"with a single, small transmission file"

Tried this as well.

"them PM me the .miz file."

A mission with a single F-18 on Caucasus and a single track has been uploaded.

"Are you on the latest open beta ?"

Yes

Have a nice weekend and thanks for the assistance!

KAOS test map_KAOS.miz 3.74 MB · 2 downloads

Strange one.

Well for some reason, DCS doesn't seem to like the audio transmission file that RadioKAOS generated from your selection. I can't explain why as the file itself plays fine in any media player.

To make the mission work and play the transmission, all I did was to use RadioKAOS to update your mission with an audio transmission I got it to generate from one of my own tracks.

Please give this a try to confirm it works for you tooShauns KAOS test map_KAOS.miz

Shauns KAOS test map_KAOS.miz

On 4/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, ShaunX said:

Strange one.

Well for some reason, DCS doesn't seem to like the audio transmission file that RadioKAOS generated from your selection. I can't explain why as the file itself plays fine in any media player.

To make the mission work and play the transmission, all I did was to use RadioKAOS to update your mission with an audio transmission I got it to generate from one of my own tracks.

Please give this a try to confirm it works for you tooShauns KAOS test map_KAOS.miz

Shauns KAOS test map_KAOS.miz 3.87 MB · 2 downloads

Hi!

I will try this, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Got this working in the Apache. Used 135 vhf AM.

I tried to create a second radio station but that's a no go. The app just updates the existing plkaylist.

Another way to play music is simply to create a unit on the map and add these advanced commands:

1)perform command, set freq

2)perform command, start transmission

Although one or the other works, I cannot get both to work - the idea being to have more than one station. I think since DCS is a single core app, it really cannot handle concurrent processes well.

@ShaunX is there a possibility of having more than one station?

Edited by skypickle

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

On 5/17/2022 at 2:26 AM, skypickle said:

Got this working in the Apache. Used 135 vhf AM.

I tried to create a second radio station but that's a no go. The app just updates the existing plkaylist.

Another way to play music is simply to create a unit on the map and add these advanced commands:

1)perform command, set freq

2)perform command, start transmission

Although one or the other works, I cannot get both to work - the idea being to have more than one station. I think since DCS is a single core app, it really cannot handle concurrent processes well.

@ShaunX is there a possibility of having more than one station?

The app is not designed to create and manage multiple radio stations.

You can certainly use the mission editor to create as many seperate concurrent radio transmissions as you like, as you've described above, there's no such DCS limitation, but my app won't be aware of them and so cannot be used to assign playlist files to them

2 hours ago, skypickle said:

thank you. I did figure it out thanks to the clear commands your app sets up in the mission editor.

Of course, you can always just use the playlist generator part of my app to create multiple transmission files from your tracks and then use the mission editor to insert them into as many different radio transmission triggers as you want, though I think you may have already worked that out 😆 Have fun.

• 2 months later...

I have just published version 1.1 in User Files.

This addresses an issue in which the F10 Radio Transmission commands were not being created in some complex multiplayer missions

Thanks @RayBurge for bringing this to my attention

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Am 28.4.2022 um 21:24 schrieb Fatie89:

Hi!

I'm in need of some assistance. I'm getting the error message "Unable to Process Selected mission file - ". I have been successful in creating a KAOS copy of the mission once but as I wanted to update the mission, I deleted that copy and now I want to create a new one. This message is shown for every mission I try with. I've searched for a solution in the User Guide and on the forum, can't find anything.

What I've tried.

-Restarting the app.

-Restarting the PC.

-Disc cleaning in case some temp file is screwing things up.

-Moving the mission file to another directory.

-Making a change in the mission editor and saving.

-Deleting the playlist and recreating.

-Trying different MHz in case the error message was a generic one and the MHz wasn't supported.

I just solved it while writing this. Might as well leave what I've already written as it might be used as a bug report.

If you have this problem then I solved it by deleting everything in the Temp folder located in C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\RadioKAOS\System\Temp.

Have a lovely day!

image.png

Hi there, i'm fairly new to DCS World, and i'm really diggin' it so far and Radio_KAOS is epic! But now to my Problem i've got the same "failed to process Mission" Error as Fatie89 but deleting the Temp Folder Data did not solve it...

I have only one working Mission File from which it's able to create the KAOS File and  i cannot create any new working ones.

I think it has something to do with my switch over from DCS stable to Open Beta?!

The working File is from before the switch.

Does anyone have some Tips on how to resolve this issue without a complete fresh Install?

• 11 months later...

Just discovered this and is it exactly what I was trying to do! I had the same problem with it not processing missions and have noticed this is with all current missions but missions that were created with an older version of DCS it can process. It seems there was something changed in the mission files to cause this issue. I hope someone takes up this or makes a newer version!