F-18 Hornet runway taxi speed and speed at stop

Laika007

On 8/14/2021 at 11:00 AM, zoomie36 said:

Is there a reason you need to see Ground speed? When taxiing you can generally see from visual cues if your too fast. 

The airport traffic cops.  Tickets are expensive.  You might want to invest in a radar detector...

I recalled that Viper can show taxi speed on DED, but don't think Hornet has such thing. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

36 minutes ago, Jenson said:

I recalled that Viper can show taxi speed on DED, but don't think Hornet has such thing. 

Ground speed on the Hornet is available on the HSI next to the aircraft symbol.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

14 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Ground speed on the Hornet is available on the HSI next to the aircraft symbol.

Got it, thanks. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

To be specific, 48 knts is the lowest speed the pitot-static system in the aircraft is able to accurately read airspeed. 

TAS and GS are both driven by the INS/GPS system, so they will read lower speeds.