I'm a bit stumped here if somebody help answer a basic question...

christianholmes

So I have hardware that works with DCS-BIOS v0.7.1. It seems to just output the new position of the hardware anytime something changes. The serial monitor, and SOCAT window would just show "GEAR_LEVER 0" or "GEAR_LEVER 1" for example, but it doesn't work with v0.10.0

It's very laggy, and has a tendency to stop working in the middle of a mission, which might be because of the older version.

I'd like to update it to work with v0.10.0, and have the source code. I'm not exactly sure what I should be looking for.

There doesn't seem to be a DCS-BIOS generic "Set" function, but maybe I'm missing it- that would just take the switch/dial & position and set it: that would probably be the easiest fix. I can't use the built in functions that map inputs to pins as they aren't connected to the Arduino that is connected to DCS-BIOS It's just a receiver, and the actual Arduino's are connected all wirelessly to the receiver.

BTW, I can connect another Arduino, load up a basic sketch and it works just fine- I hooked up a switch to pin 11 and drove my wife crazy with the signal test on the A-10C, so I know v0.10.0 is working 🙂

Something to consider here is Version v0.10.0 is the "HUB" version, which, IIRC, is no longer supported AND has some bugs.
I think the v0.7.1 you refer to may be the "Flightpanels fork" which IS actively supported, and theoretically is NEWER than the V0.10.0 HUB version.

5 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

Something to consider here is Version v0.10.0 is the "HUB" version, which, IIRC, is no longer supported AND has some bugs.
I think the v0.7.1 you refer to may be the "Flightpanels fork" which IS actively supported, and theoretically is NEWER than the V0.10.0 HUB version.

I am very confused by this. On Github shows that yes v0.10.0 is the newest version, released in Nov 2019, and v0.71 was released in Nov 2017.

Should I be looking somewhere other than Github?

9 hours ago, Rump0l3 said:

If I've understood your question correctly, I think the tryToSendDcsBiosMessage function is what you're looking for, e.g. to depress the UHF radio test button:

DcsBios::tryToSendDcsBiosMessage("UHF_TEST", "1");

Yes, that is what I was looking for. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, christianholmes said:

I am very confused by this. On Github shows that yes v0.10.0 is the newest version, released in Nov 2019, and v0.71 was released in Nov 2017.

Should I be looking somewhere other than Github?

Here:
https://github.com/DCSFlightpanels/dcs-bios

It's confusing as hell.
They forked off an older version of DCS-BIOS, and it would have been easier if they'd called it something else.

• 3 weeks later...