How to Export Video (HUD Camera + TCS Footage)

DSplayer

I've seen other people make either LANTIRN, TCS, and/or HUD camera videos. How does one do that in the F-14?

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

Basically, they are all the same, with various degrees of difficulties...

1. Live -- run software like OBS to record your action, or if you fly in VR like me, some headset like Quest 2 allows recording inside the headset. Part of my latest video, the combat part, is done live and recorded by the headset;

2. Track file -- fly a mission, save the track file, replaying while recording using software, choose the view(s) that you want. But the tricky part is, F-14 is notorious in not exactly replaying what you did. It is a known problem on the DCS part. Some suggests flying the mission using a dedicated DCS server and play the server track file.

Hope it helps. I think the experts can show you more.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

The HUD tape videos you see are “produced” videos. They shoot a scene in 2D with no head tracking, record their screen, then add the effects in video editing software. It would be awesome if there was a HUD viewport that could be placed on a second monitor and then recorded cleanly regardless of what was going on in the main viewport, but alas that does not exist. 

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

• 3 months later...

I have managed (with community help) to export my HUD to a second monitor. If you do that you could capture that screen alone with OBS but as I'm writing this , I'm thinking that what you probably are wanting is your enemy captured in screen within your HUD image. If that's the case you'd need a full screen capture and edit the dickens out of it afterwards.