JF-17 has just been banned from SATAL !

Tinchus2009

1 hour ago, Tinchus2009 said:

Hi. THe JF has just been banned because it seems you can cheat with the JF. IS Deka planning to fix this in order to have it availbale on SATAL? It would be sad not having the Jef there, it is one of the best chances to show its capabilities

how exactly can you "cheat"?

SATAL are never fair they have always been biased towards the JF-17.  The JF has always carried heavier restrictions then any other aircraft. I wouldn’t worry about it your not going to change SATAL biased opinion.

Edited by Blinky.ben
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AdrianL said:

image.png

From the discord

That still doesn't answer anything; what is the, "cheat"? I've been flying and modding the JF-17 practically all the time since it released, and I never found exploits that would be considered, "cheating". (whatever that means in a Flight Simulator.)

Obvious things like loadout tampering don't pass IC as they should, and there is even another layer of protection at a plugin-level that prevents you from firing weapons in MP if you do somehow manage to get a custom loadout in.

Edited by J20Stronk
  • Like 1

I don't know, but I did notice there's some radar information in a lua that you can change (such as max left and right angles -- they're set at 60 now, and the beam width -- its 3) maybe that's it? I didn't see anything else that could possibly be changed manually.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Napillo said:

I don't know, but I did notice there's some radar information in a lua that you can change (such as max left and right angles -- they're set at 60 now, and the beam width -- its 3) maybe that's it? I didn't see anything else that could possibly be changed manually.

Ahh, I see. will check

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

3 hours ago, kotor633 said:

What ist SATAL???

https://splashonegaming.com/satal/

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

14 hours ago, AdrianL said:

image.png

From the discord

On a sidenote, I belive all plans are editable. I am a moderator on the Growling Sidewinder server and just banned a over performing F/A-18 a few days ago. Can please someone show the Satal guys this video so that they can ban the F-18 too ?

For those who want to look themself, here is the tacview file: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ABq7koS-KQ2IsQg&cid=CA7A140D06B78FB9&id=CA7A140D06B78FB9!23243&parId=CA7A140D06B78FB9!104&o=OneUp

Playername: Kaori

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 6

My skins

13 hours ago, uboats said:

we haven't received any report regarding the "cheat"

I reported it at the same time as the annoucement.

14 hours ago, Blinky.ben said:

SATAL are never fair they have always been biased towards the JF-17.  The JF has always carried heavier restrictions then any other aircraft. I wouldn’t worry about it your not going to change SATAL biased opinion.

Its not true at all, if you want to talk about the most restricted aircraft it has been the 14 . The thing I don't think a lot of people realise with SATAL is the fact that its a competition that designs itself about pilot skill as one of its main pillars. Therefore you can't just leave everything unbalanced and allow massive discrepancies , this is the nature of a competition. I do agree there will always be fanboys of their own aircraft trying to campaign and make sure that their aircraft always has the upper hand however its not being tailored around them. Its a competition.

With SATAL 2020 the Jeff was a problem as the SD 10 had major drag issues and turned like it had thrust vectoring, instead of being outright banned it was restricted, then unrestricted when it was fixed. I'm not really sure how you can call this a bias when it had no place in a competitive environment due to its issues. Same with the Aim 54 it was restricted in 2019 (when it should of been banned and it wasn't due to other factors) due to its problems , and I'm saying that as a F-14 lover . This year its outright banned (rightly so) till its desync exploits are patched. Which should be soon as heatblur said the updated Aim-54 should be coming soonish.

Currently the Jeff is in a very favourable position , 4 SD 10s v 6 120Bs in SATAL ( when the IC issue gets fixed , as it should be easy to) . So if this is doing harm to the Jeff, I'm not sure what you think is fair.

2 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

On a sidenote, I belive all plans are editable. I am a moderator on the Growling Sidewinder server and just banned a over performing F/A-18 a few days ago. Can please someone show the Satal guys this video so that they can ban the F-18 too ?

For those who want to look themself, here is the tacview file: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ABq7koS-KQ2IsQg&cid=CA7A140D06B78FB9&id=CA7A140D06B78FB9!23243&parId=CA7A140D06B78FB9!104&o=OneUp

Playername: Kaori

I think apart bar one or two things related to RWR's pretty much all of ED modules dont allow you to edit the aircraft performance or other systems  due to the Integrity Check or them not being easily accessiable in lua files like on the Jeff. It has been reported and I hope ED look at everything and not just the Jeff to squash anything else being easily editable via lua files in other modules.

Sadly, if someone wanted to go through the effort to cheat in a game they will . Furthermore in DCS there is no real anti cheat , just the IC which checks assigned files if they have been tampered with and im pretty sure if you wanted to go through the effort you can bypass it probably pretty easily if you know what you were doing . 99% of the community dont fly the simulator genre to cheat so there hasnt been any major measures taken by ED to stop people from cheating in MP. Especially when those people are a very small minority.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DarksydeRob said:

With SATAL 2020 the Jeff was a problem as the SD 10 had major drag issues and turned like it had thrust vectoring,

This was also the same time ED stated the Aim-120 was too resistant to all types of counter measures. Can you show me where the Aim-20 was restricted? You can’t it has too much popularity so we have a biased state.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike_Romeo said:

I'm the Cleared Hot server admin (all IC enabled), and I can confirm that. I'd see some users over-performing on all DCS modules and also some weapons too, by that I assume that all modules have critical variables on unprotected lua, also maybe it's possible to overwrite a variable used on a protected lua from an unprotected one.
It's a shame, but as I did see, for all modules.

• Like 2

Ahh, I see. will check
@uboats, there is a report in our testers forum section
  • Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• ED Team

It has been reported, @uboats if you need to please DM me

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2