Need a little direction

DmanGIV

I’m trying to figure out how to host. I’ve opened up port 10308 on my router. I’m pretty sure it’s also opened on my computer firewall. Created an exception for incoming and outgoing. I’ve even  disabled the firewall completely.  But my server still doesn’t show as being available. What’s my next step in trouble shooting?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DmanGIV said:

I’m trying to figure out how to host. I’ve opened up port 10308 on my router. I’m pretty sure it’s also opened on my computer firewall. Created an exception for incoming and outgoing. I’ve even  disabled the firewall completely.  But my server still doesn’t show as being available. What’s my next step in trouble shooting?

Thanks!

You need also a public IP address, some ISP are going to NAT their users behind a single IP since IPV4 basically doesn't have anymore free available IP address.

What you can do is test that is really open the port with some testing application like packetsender, configured on the same port.

Fly Safe!

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

18 hours ago, DmanGIV said:

I used my IPV4..

i might be in the deep end of the pool now. I don’t know much more then I already did. 

thanks for the reply

Try with your friend that is trying to use your server the port and IP with PacketSender

On server machine ( you )  make sure to go in File => Setting, and enable TCP and UDP server on port 10308 (or the one that you want use)

On "client" by your friend, ask to open also packet sender and tipe something in the ASCII text box, then put your public ip address on ip, set the same port, protocol ( try first TCP and then UDP ) and then your friend need to press send button
When he hit send button you should receive the message in the below part of your packet sender opened on the server.

If this is not working you've definitely some miss-configuration on your firewall/routing,  or your ISP doesn't provide to you a pubblic ip address.

If the test with packetsender is fine, your setup is good, and it's the dcs server that "hangs" for some reason, and we need another kind of troubleshoting.

Regards,
And Fly Safe

immagine.png

immagine.png

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!