[Help Requested] DCS Server 2.7 unreachable on wireless network

I have a DCS dedicated server running in a Windows 10 Hyper-V host.  Everything runs just fine when using a wired connection but when I try to run it via a wireless connection the server becomes unreachable.

I make only two changes:

1) I unplug the wired Ethernet cable, and

2) I change port fowarding on my router from the wired IP static address to the wireless IP static address. Reboot the router, and done.

On the wired connection everything is good.  When I change to the wireless connection the server doesn't appear in the DCS multiplayer list (WAN) or as a local DCS server (LAN.)

Any help, perspective, or avenues to investigate to provide more information are most appreciated.  Thank you!

I have a DCS dedicated server running in a Windows 10 Hyper-V host.  Everything runs just fine when using a wired connection but when I try to run it via a wireless connection the server becomes unreachable.

I make only two changes:
1) I unplug the wired Ethernet cable, and
2) I change port fowarding on my router from the wired IP static address to the wireless IP static address. Reboot the router, and done.

On the wired connection everything is good.  When I change to the wireless connection the server doesn't appear in the DCS multiplayer list (WAN) or as a local DCS server (LAN.)

Any help, perspective, or avenues to investigate to provide more information are most appreciated.  Thank you!
Stupid question, but you have configured the Windows firewall rules equally on both wired and wireless NICs?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Don't host a server with wireless connection, never! Make a favor to you and all the people that is going to use that server, even if it is "just" for LAN party!

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 4 weeks later...

@MAXsenna Thanks for your reply.

In terms of port forwarding, yes, I have. Port forwards to 10308 for both TCP & UDP (plus TCP forwarding for SRS, TacView, and LotATC.)  In addition, this happens for a buddy also configuring a server on a wireless network.  In addition, I've checked that the MAC->IP mapping on the router for the wireless network is correct.  No connectivity issues other than the DCS server is unreachable.

If we use a wired connection, no issues it works fine. If wireless, the server is unreachable.

@Maverick87ShakaNot helpful.  Not rude, mind you, but not helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, torreypine said:

@Maverick87ShakaNot helpful.  Not rude, mind you, but not helpful.

It's just a tip, DCS Multiplayer unfortunately it's affected by rubber banding, lags, and other strange behavior even when hosted on a dedicated datacenter internet connection, make a server on a wireless network can only make the scenario even worst due to packet lost and jitters typical of this kind of connection.

If you still convinced that is a good idea, just test everything (firewall and forwarding) is well configured with PacketSender:

Edited by Maverick87Shaka
  • Like 1

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!