Loving the new Mossie Monday Series. Well done.

Cowboy10uk

On 8/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, bart said:

It's late today....

EDIT :- Just posted over on ED Discord by NineLine, No Mossie Monday video today. He isn't sure when the next one will be. 

Sorry Bart,my mistake I misread your message.....of course this was stated by NineLine and not Suntag.

My apologies everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Would be nice to get something official regarding the frequency of these videos, was hoping to get one today. 

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

To be very honest, the zoomed in thing is not very helpful to learn the procedure. Doing it like you would at home looking at the area and manipulating the switches is much more helpful IMO.

Still cannot wait for the first piston twin to enter DCS! Going to be awesome.

• Like 2

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

First class Suntag thank you very much,I am so pleased this is still going strong 👍

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

After watching the startup, I'm wondering two things:

1. Can the pilot see/reach/interact with those switches on the copilot side without switching seats, as you cannot switch seats in MP.

2. Will there be an "RPM levers (both)" axis assignment so that we can have decoupled throttles and coupled RPM levers.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2021 at 10:11 AM, Nealius said:

1. Can the pilot see/reach/interact with those switches on the copilot side without switching seats, as you cannot switch seats in MP.

2. Will there be an "RPM levers (both)" axis assignment so that we can have decoupled throttles and coupled RPM levers.

I'm wondering about no 2. It would be good to somehow bind all four of these, but to a twin axis throttle I don't know how that will work...

by keyboard input item as like "select motor1"/"motor 2" to manage the throttle levers,rpm, other stuff & mixture too.😃

Edited by crousti
add

Keyboard (and button mapping) doesn't allow precise control. If engine management is anything like the Spitfire we will need to control RPM in increments of 50. That is not possible with keyboard/buttons, as a single press of the button gives a wildly varying adjustment that could be anything from 100 to 300. 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:11 AM, Nealius said:

Never sat in one unfortunately, but people who have always talk about the cockpit being surprisingly small. Looking at the arrangement of the seats it seems the Nav seat is stepped back from the pilots seat to give more elbow room… As they are commonly in modern rally cars.

It looks like the pilot could, with some effort, operate all controls.

3 hours ago, Nealius said:

Keyboard (and button mapping) doesn't allow precise control. If engine management is anything like the Spitfire we will need to control RPM in increments of 50. That is not possible with keyboard/buttons, as a single press of the button gives a wildly varying adjustment that could be anything from 100 to 300. 

i use my warthog to manage each engine on the il2 p38....so, i guess the controls for the mossie should be as well....

Yes, well done. Makes me look forward even more to this fun crate coming soon.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• ED Team

Hi all, 

please remember our forum rules that can be found at the top on the forum. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 9/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, crousti said:

by keyboard input item as like "select motor1"/"motor 2" to manage the throttle levers,rpm, other stuff & mixture too.😃

That would be ideal for a Warthog throttle, I could use the friction axis for RPM and the throttles for boost 🙂

Why give it a date ?.....strikes me as soon you make a date for these things you make a rod for your own back.....far smarter to just upload the thing as and when you can.

• Like 2

• Thanks 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

13 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

thank you for the video!

why do the RPM gauge needles dance so much ?   Does the engine RPM fluctuate this much?

No, only gauges going crazy from vibrations.

Engine rpm fluctuate always, but rpm gauges are not able to show this fluctuations.  

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I wish we had a controls indicator view on that takeoff. From another thread I understand the Mossie to have poor rudder authority at slow speed due to the lack of prop wash over the tail. This makes me wonder how we keep her straight on initial takeoff roll. In Sunstag's video I don't see any differential brake usage and I don't think he mentioned anything about leading one throttle ahead of the other either. 

• Like 1

Some say that for initial roll right throttle is pushed a but further then left, once speed is gained all throttles for take off power.

• Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

I wish we had a controls indicator view on that takeoff. From another thread I understand the Mossie to have poor rudder authority at slow speed due to the lack of prop wash over the tail. This makes me wonder how we keep her straight on initial takeoff roll. In Sunstag's video I don't see any differential brake usage and I don't think he mentioned anything about leading one throttle ahead of the other either. 

It's going to come down to balance the correct amount of thrust going through each prop,so having twin throttles will ensure the ease of that procedure.

I agree it would've been nice to see the controls indicator and what he was doing with his controls 👍

Edited by Basco1
  • Like 1