General Timeline Guide For Units Based On Public Information

This is a very general guideline based on public available information cross referenced with DCS World Encyclopedia information. I'm 100% certain that there are mistakes, so please don't take this as absolute, but it will at least give you a general idea of when systems were available or fielded in real life. I've included most of the military aircraft, including helicopters along with ships and SAM systems. The asterisk on the airplanes denotes client flyable. If you have any information that can be used to correct what I already have, please feel free to share it with me here. Sorry about all the different colors. I'm going to update it from time to time and make some improvements in the layout when I have time. I'll add important units if someone points it out, but I'm not going to add insignificant items like soldiers, light AAA systems or most of the ground vehicles. If it's something like a main battle tank that's important to have, I'll consider adding it. If you would like something added, please tell me and explain why.

DCS Unit Era Table V2.ods

DCS Unit Era Table V2.pdf

Edited by VAF [136] Striker
Updated the XL file to separate sheets and fixed reversed mig15 mig19 timeline

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice overview!

Thanks for compiling it.

But is the intention to show only the specific version? Or the general type?

For instance, MiG-19 / Shenyang J-6 is still in use, but that's not the MiG-19P we have in DCS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenyang_J-6

From my side, a smaller table with only the flyable modules would be appreciated as it would be more readable.

Also the column width can maybe be narrower for better overview.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

I goofed up on my table and had the timeline extended for both the 15 and 19. It should be closer to the actual but if it's not please let me know.

This table is really mainly for mission designers. If you want to pick a specific year, then you can reference the table and restrict the equipment to what's on the list.

By the way, I updated the spreadsheet file to have separate sheets and did a better job with the colors.

Edited by VAF [136] Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]