Bapaume-Grévillers airfield worth considering?

DD_Fenrir

On 8/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, DD_Fenrir said:

Bapaume-Grévillers:

Forgotten airfields europe

Yes please,Bapaume-Grévillers was such a key Luftwaffe airfield and especially in 1944 were at 11.35am the Fw 190's of 7./Jg26 were scrambled to intercept the raid on the Amiens prison ie RAMROD 564 or as it was most commonly known Operation Jericho.

Seeing that ED has already created the prison for an up and coming patch for the Channel map to compliment the new Mosquito which is nearing it's release,it would be the icing on the cake to have this key LF base created......just think of the missions one could create with this plethora of historical locations.

This definitely has my vote 👍

Edited by Basco1
  • Like 4

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

Yes, the channel map desperately needs some work to make it viable for this mission and many more. 

It is a fantastic map, it just needs refinement. 

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 3

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

On 8/17/2021 at 11:40 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

Bapaume-Grévillers:

Forgotten airfields europe

Just curious, have you used that resource to check the accuracy of airfields on the Normandy map? I mean like actual layout/buildings/roads/orientation. I ask because I do not have access to DCS World at the moment, but plan to use it when I get back. This is an incredible resource, thanks for sharing.

Just look up the airfield at Baugé for example, and I was able to not only see the airfield's orientation with hanger placement, but the town itself including its major roads.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...