Catapult crew sometimes ignores aircraft?

Stearmandriver

Just wondering if this is a known bug already; I've found other mentions of it but not seen ED confirm that they're aware of it. 

Occasionally (most of my missions run in a dedicated server instance; not sure if that's relevant), the cat crew just refuses to interact with an aircraft. I've seen it on bow and waist cats.  When it happens to a player it's just an annoyance as they can taxi clear and go to another cat.  But when it happens to AI, they're stuck there for the duration of the mission.  The AI aircraft just sits there, and the deck crew just stares at him.  If it happens on a waist cat, the deck is now fouled for the entire mission. 

Last night, my wingman was still sitting short of cat 2 when I trapped 1.2 hours after launch lol. 

Have you tried the COMS menu....I think there is a 'Request Launch' or similar in there. I've had this happen until I discovered that.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

18 hours ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Have you tried the COMS menu....I think there is a 'Request Launch' or similar in there. I've had this happen until I discovered that.

There is an option in the menu, to be used after you trap, to switch the deck crew from recovery mode back to launch mode.  This bug doesn't respond to that; it's a seemingly random (but not rare) occurrence of a single cat crew not responding to an approaching plane, while the crew on the other cats do. 

I’ve noticed they won’t respond if there is an aircraft with Charlie clearance. Also won’t respond if an aircraft is already on the cat and one of the aircraft is a F14. (I think the 14’s are too wide to have both at the same time?)

Worst one was accidental, players took off and one accidentally menu’s for landing. They got Charlie but just continued off on mission. Next player on server couldn’t launch. Was only when first player realised what had happened and called “abort inbound” that the 2nd player was able to get the ground crew to “see” them. Don’t know if this has been fixed out of it’s considered “working as designed”.  This was a couple of months ago. 

Seems there are some “gotcha” scenarios that could cause this. 

It would be nice to have some feedback from the ground crew. “No can do, landing aircraft inbound” or “Wait your turn” etc so we know the reasons why. 

• 5 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread, but for max visibility I'll put it here too:  a short-duration track of my AI wingman getting stuck at the cat because the crew won't acknowledge him.  This bug affected the majority of the AI off the boat in this mission.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GNaAyiFvgsxJ4S_jQqXPmZwNr53z9ZyP/view?usp=sharing