Include Checklists For Aircraft's In Manual

AH6OY

Checklists for starting and weapons controls by using the keyboard would be nice. Not everyone has opted to go big screen or fancy switches joysticks. 

There would probably be many more users of DCS if it wasn't a hassle of making so many different switch changes required.

In Combined Arms and map editing maybe drawing sectors for which units are controllable or designating them as a certain individuals or groups command. 

I had zero confusion getting my commercial pilot license but this DCS stuff for just playing around is making things more of a problem than things really are. Still haven't spotted any way to make a button cycle between air a ground weapons then their types.

The A-10C and M-2000C have checklists. Perhaps some others will once they are out of Early Access. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, AH6OY said:

There would probably be many more users of DCS if it wasn't a hassle of making so many different switch changes required.

The reason so many switch flips are required is that it's a simulation of the real aircraft. It's not a “hassle” — it's pretty much the core principle of the entire game. You learn where the switches are and what they do; you learn what “sweep” you need to go through to make things do what you want; and then you just look around and follow the procedure — no big screen or fancy joystick needed.

3 hours ago, AH6OY said:

Still haven't spotted any way to make a button cycle between air a ground weapons then their types.

That's because there is no such functionality in the aircraft. If you want to do that, you need to get yourself a hotkey/macro program and input the right sequence (and timing) to make it work.

As for kneeboards, the problem is that you're talking about binds that can and will be different for each user, and while there have been attempts to make those be reflected in dynamic pages generated via Lua scripts, they are pretty universally unreliable as far as properly reading the actual settings. Since the procedures are listed in the manuals, you can quite trivially export those lists as images, annotate them with your personal bind setup, and place the final images in the corresponding kneeboard image directory for each aircraft.

• Like 2

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Thanks guys. It's a difference from having things in plain sight to function than to be dabbling two finger routines on a keyboard with no actual labeling on the keyboard unless making a template for each aircraft. It's not like real flight finger wrestling functions till the common ones become memory. Wasn't planning to be a dedicated every day sim player to acquire an easy memory.

One problem I've noticed is the Acer Helios's right Alt Gr key doesn't function as a regular right Alt the game menu suggest. That's one fix I'd like to see where the game recognizes Helios has a weird thing going on. Guess I'll go browse on how to disable the Alt Gr mode.

Thanks for whatever.