190 D-9 vs D-13

TWC_SLAG

30 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Also, does that glowy finger hurt?

probably depends upon where you put it

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

When it comes to turning off MW50 on your server, all you're actually achieving is handicapping the D9 & K4 to be less competitive than what a regular 190A6/7 and 109G6 would've been, as the latter were noticably lighter:

K4 = 3362 kg and 1430 PS @ 1.42 ata (1850 PS w/ MW50 @ 1.8 ata)

G6 = 3148 kg and 1475 PS @ 1.42 ata

On 9/15/2021 at 7:27 AM, kablamoman said:

For my money I still think it's better than the other warbirds even without the additional boost.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, as without boost the D9 will litterally do nothing better than the other warbirds (unless you count the I-16 in) except roll faster...

Edited by Hummingbird
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, as without boost the D9 will litterally do nothing better than the other warbirds (unless you count the I-16 in) except roll faster...

Correct me if I'm wrong:

It will outrun the spit handily; out rate and out accelerate and out climb a 47 (I don't think the 47 starts to match its speed until you get up high); and it's pretty toe-to-toe with the mustang, with the 51 having a slight edge in speed, but slower in roll and larger radius and slower rate of turn at lower speeds.

All of that while outgunning all of the allied fighters.

Have you flown it online without the MW50? I have quite a bit and I feel it dominates everything with only the 51 coming close.

What has been your experience?

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kablamoman said:

Correct me if I'm wrong:

It will outrun the spit handily; out rate and out accelerate and out climb a 47 (I don't think the 47 starts to match its speed until you get up high); and it's pretty toe-to-toe with the mustang, with the 51 having a slight edge in speed, but slower in roll and larger radius and slower rate of turn at lower speeds.

All of that while outgunning all of the allied fighters.

Have you flown it online without the MW50? I have quite a bit and I feel it dominates everything with only the 51 coming close.

What has been your experience?

Nope, without MW50 the other warbirds will out rate, out climb & out run the D9. So if you find it easy to dominate online in a D9 without MW50, I'd question the skill of your opponents.

Now since you mentioned the P-51 specifically, it has a smaller radius, higher rate, better climb and is significantly faster than a D9 without MW50. In other words, except for a slightly higher roll rate you have no advantage against a P-51 in a D9 if you're robbed of your MW50.

Edited by Hummingbird
  • Like 2

You’re flat out wrong, except for the 51.

The spit is thoroughly and completely outpaced, meaning it is no threat whatsoever unless they catch you unaware.

Similarly, a 47 has amazing instantaneous turn, but will quickly bleed energy and be unable to regain it and it will get outrated, out accelerated, and outclimbed after one turn — literally all the non-juiced Dora pilot has to do is fly straight in a shallow climb.

Again, what is your actual experience online? I am starting to doubt you know what you’re talking about.

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 3

Yes.  But what about the -13?  Wasn’t that the question?

• Like 1

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, TWC_SLAG said:

Yes.  But what about the -13?  Wasn’t that the question?

Sorry didn't mean to derail the topic.

I thought @grafspee did a good job of explaining that they were comparative unicorns. I guess it depends if you want the sim to model the reality of the situation and time (many more D9s were manufactured), or if you want it to showcase something ultra-rare and interesting.

Ideally we'd have both, but with the fidelity with which they model their aircraft, it may be prohibitive for ED to do that. I know for me personally, if they have to pick one course of action, I would prefer they model the most common one -- that way it allows for more realistic scenarios across the board, whether playing online or off.

Edited by kablamoman
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, kablamoman said:

Sorry didn't mean to derail the topic.

I thought @grafspee did a good job of explaining that they were comparative unicorns. I guess it depends if you want the sim to model the reality of the situation and time (many more D9s were manufactured), or if you want it to showcase something ultra-rare and interesting.

Ideally we'd have both, but with the fidelity with which they model their aircraft, it may be prohibitive for ED to do that. I know for me personally, if they have to pick one course of action, I would prefer they model the most common one -- that way it allows for more realistic scenarios across the board, whether playing online or off.

Yes, I too was satisfied with what grafspee said. I kind of went on to other activities after that.  🙂

• Like 2

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.