SimShaker for Aviators software will not run

Since February I have been enjoying the added emersion the SimShaker Jet Seat and Aviator software has provided me when flying DCS. Recently I transitioned to the Quest 2 and added an Astro A40 gaming headset. Why am I telling all of you this? Well I'm concerned that my recent upgrades may be the reason why the SimShaker Aviator software won't run and Andre directed me here to all the experts.

I started noticing the USB thumb drive icon (photo attached) would pop up in the hidden icons menu and during a cold boot of my pc I received a warning that I used up all of my USB ports. This was something new, prior to my upgrade I had never seen this. I headed into Discord and asked some of the guys I fly with and one of the recommendations was to purchase a powered USB hub so I did. That freed up several USB ports on the back of my pc but sadly that still did not solve the problem.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, I've tested the seat in Gametrix and sent Andre my most recent firmware log. I've made sure that everything is properly plugged in including the seat itself which is plugged into my pc, etc. but the program still will not run. When I double click on the desktop shortcut the icon appears for a few seconds in the hidden icons menu and then disappears. Have any of you experienced anything similar? Any thoughts on how to correct this would be very much appreciated.

icon.jpg

Edited by navyao

well i have had some oddities with the taskbar icon actually.  I have both the SimShaker For Aviators, as well as the payware SimShaker-Wings and only the Aviators one gives me problems sometimes.

I think you should try a laptop or second PC or something just to confirm that it is software and maybe windows thats somehow killing the app.  its an easy way to ensure that the device itself isnt faulty.  i had a faulty controller on my JetSeat that i had to get repaired by Andre.  he was great and did it for pretty cheap, but it was a long shipping time and wait.