No feedback when entering VRS

IcedVenom

Hello, I have preordered your Mi-24P and have flown it out a bit but I am having some issues when it comes to landing and hovering. Often I will begin to rapidly drop out of the sky without even knowing I was close to entering VRS. The issue is not with me dropping out of the sky. I know why and how to prevent it. The issue is that I have no feedback or shaking when I am about to do so.

When I fly the Mi-8, the helicopter shakes a bit when I am close or when transitioning to a hover. The Mi-24P has no shaking whatsoever, almost like I am gliding, entirely weightless. I understand that the Mi-24 didn't give that much feedback when going into VRS unlike the Mi-8, but there should be at least a tiny bit of shaking as opposed to nothing at all. Please I hope you consider adding at least a tiny bit of shaking on-screen with Track-IR and possibly VR to make it as realistic as possible to a real Mi-24 which would also help me control and land the helicopter. Thank you.

• Like 2

I usually can tell from the VDI. If she is below 3-5 m/s and not responding to collective input I know I am in VRS. Then I apply the appropriate actions to get out of VRS although many times there simply isn’t enough altitude to do so.

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

10 hours ago, Skidjit said:

I usually can tell from the VDI. If she is below 3-5 m/s and not responding to collective input I know I am in VRS. Then I apply the appropriate actions to get out of VRS although many times there simply isn’t enough altitude to do so.

The Mi-8 has a cockpit shake setting you can adjust to your own liking. There is no shake whatsoever in the Hind's cockpit.

The best thing I purchased for flying helicopters is a ButtKicker. It gives constant feedback from engine and rotor rpm, through to entering VRS, translational lift, weapons fire, to being hit etc. It really helps in giving early indication of what the aircraft is doing or about to do, that coupled with VR and motion platform, I’m in heaven lol. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rabies said:

The best thing I purchased for flying helicopters is a ButtKicker. It gives constant feedback from engine and rotor rpm, through to entering VRS, translational lift, weapons fire, to being hit etc. It really helps in giving early indication of what the aircraft is doing or about to do, that coupled with VR and motion platform, I’m in heaven lol. 

Well a similar effect can be made if the devs simply add cockpit shake to the Mi-24. If the shake is simulated through a "ButtKicker" then it should be fairly easy to add the same shake to the screen effect.

Edited by IcedVenom
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denwagg said:

Problem with the mi8 is I get vibration when I'm accelerating above 60 kph also. Not sure what that means 

That's not really a problem I think that's just how the Mi-8 is. Love that plane, very realistic. Hope we get multicrew for it someday.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, SuumCuique said:

I wonder if some sort of audio feedback is planned. The shake is nice, even if very subtle. I know it has been mentioned that it might be overturned in the Mi-8, but for a desktop sim, any feedback is important.

I rode in an Mi-17 in Lithuania. I can tell you the shake is very realistic in our Mi-8.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:00 PM, IcedVenom said:

Hello, I have preordered your Mi-24P and have flown it out a bit but I am having some issues when it comes to landing and hovering. Often I will begin to rapidly drop out of the sky without even knowing I was close to entering VRS. The issue is not with me dropping out of the sky. I know why and how to prevent it. The issue is that I have no feedback or shaking when I am about to do so.

When I fly the Mi-8, the helicopter shakes a bit when I am close or when transitioning to a hover. The Mi-24P has no shaking whatsoever, almost like I am gliding, entirely weightless. I understand that the Mi-24 didn't give that much feedback when going into VRS unlike the Mi-8, but there should be at least a tiny bit of shaking as opposed to nothing at all. Please I hope you consider adding at least a tiny bit of shaking on-screen with Track-IR and possibly VR to make it as realistic as possible to a real Mi-24 which would also help me control and land the helicopter. Thank you.

You might want to consider Andre's JetPad.

I purchased one 2nd hand and it works/feels fantastic, especially for helo modules.

It gives excellent feedback, also in case of entering VRS

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 10/23/2021 at 6:17 AM, SuumCuique said:

The shake is nice, even if very subtle.

Must be very subtle. I didn't feel a thing. Is there a setting somewhere?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 8/23/2021 at 7:11 AM, Skidjit said:

although many times there simply isn’t enough altitude to do so.

Have you tried the Vuichard method? That should get you out with minimal altitude loss. 

(I think for the HInd and Hip's rotor direction it would be left cyclic and right pedal)

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 9:32 PM, Denwagg said:

Problem with the mi8 is I get vibration when I'm accelerating above 60 kph also. Not sure what that means 

That is the ETL (effective transitional lift).

above that speed the rotor starts working as a wing (sort of) instead of a fan (sort of)... during the transition you get vibrations. Basically a hint, that you can reduce collective.

Edit: I can't explain it in the right words - but I hope you get the idea...

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"