Harrier ship ops & comms

MagicSlave

Practicing CASE I departures and recoveries on LHA Tarawa...

Are the "supercarrier" style comms supposed to work with Tarawa? When I report "Inbound" to Tarawa ATC I only get the old basic response. I own and have installed the supercarrier module, if that makes a difference.. 

• Like 1

It seems that the "advanced comms" have worked with Tarawa & Harrier at some point, see this video for example: 

But it seems that no more... See 

and

Hope it gets fixed soon.. AWLS/ICLS for the Tarawa would also be a nice feature, since the NAVAIR 00-80T-106 (pg. 5-11) references it... Well, I'll just practice CASE III TACAN approaches until that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I was going to start a new thread, but I found this. I have been away from the Harrier, but I do recall the BRC and other SC Comms being given. Now it's back to the old comms. Anyone know what happened? 

I think The Tarawa needs some TLC.

• Like 2

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

From what I've heard the SC comms weren't supposed to be on the Tarawa, but they snuck through. Hence them being removed, it's a shame. It was nice to have some relevant communication. I agree that a more basic comms interaction would be nice to have, than the current ATC comms which are useless. 

Its a real bummer. Also seeing ED sticking with "their" boats and really neglecting the "only" ship we can realistically start and land from. 

Does anyone know if Heatblurs Forrestal has the Ship coms or the Airstrip Coms? 

• Like 1

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10