Purpose of WYPT ID / TARGET Parameter in JDAM DSMS profile?

Hello,

could someone please shed a light on the purpose and usage of the WYPT ID setting in a JDAM profile in the DSMS?

Haven't found this in the manual or Chuck's Guide or anywhere. These are always describing dropping JDAMS on SPI using markpoints or something like this where the current steerpoint is SPI and in CCRP mode target and release information are based on that SPI.

iam_WYPT_ID_default_SPI_9999

iam_WYPT_ID_set

iam_TARGET_prof

So how can the profile TARGET / WYPT ID setting be used? I tried yesterday and I can input a waypoint ID via scratchpad. But in flight to get proper ASL information I also have to set this waypoint as steerpoint.

Maybe I did something wrong or missed a step on the usage? If I need to set the steerpoint to the same waypoint than there seems to be no further benefit of setting a target WP within the dsms jdam profile.

Regards

Jens

I could explain it but I was recently told by Nineline that even just posting knowledge that is from tech orders with export controls breaks the forum rule so I can no longer share that stuff.  Aka if y’all can’t find it on “Google” it can’t be explained/shared by people with real world, first hand experience/knowledge.

51 minutes ago, AvroLanc said:

….Make IFFCC the SPI…..

If it’s not allowed to be discussed, why is it even in the sim?

okay... but how? Or will I get tied next to the flare dispenser by only asking this? 😱

I also think it's a bit weird being in the profile with no proper description. It's not even in the jdam dsms screenshots in the manual so seems to be added afterwards.

Edited by gulredrel

4 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

If it’s not allowed to be discussed, why is it even in the sim? 

That’s a good question….based on my interpretation of the “discussion” with Nineline basically when it comes to the A-10C v2 if the paying customer (aka DM contract) doesn’t ask for something don’t talk about it if you have first hand knowledge and don’t expect it in the sim.

Edited by Snoopy

Hopefully I won't get in trouble, but as it currently works in DCS: You can use it to create bomb profiles for specific steerpoints and markpoints. You can then reorder those profiles in the DSMS so that you can drop those pre-targeted bombs in the order you like, with IFFCC as SPI. The main advantage for this, IMO, is if you want to drop your load on a series of relatively closely-spaced targets in a single run, particularly if you're using different bombs. (ex: GBU-38 on AAA emplacement at Mkpt 1, GBU-31 on building at steerpoint ECHO, GBU-38 on second APC at Mkpt 3, GBU-31 on bunker at steerpoint DELTA, GBU-38 on gas trucks at Mkpt 2, GBU-54 on potentially mobile BTR-80 at Mkpt 4). Doing this without this function is possible, but it requires significantly more keypresses during the attack run.

• Like 1

The main advantage as I see it is that each profile, therefore each target, can have different terminal parameters set. At least I’m the real world, this could be desirable.

Although it still works in DCS, the actual need for a particular impact azimuth and angle is not great. Good for realism and role play though.