Multiple monitor usage for ancilliary displays using multiple GPU's

lesthegrngo

Hi all, I am using one large widescreen monitor for the main game screen, and then have four small lower resolution (10 inch or 7 inch) LCD monitors that are used for the MFCD's, artificial horizon and RWR.

The GPU's are a 1070 and a 1060.  Am I right in thinking the best way to hook these up is to run the main widescreen monitor off the 1070, and the other four off the 1060?

Cheers

Les

Hi Les,

I'd say it depends on the amount of graphic memory.

The "main screen" will probably bring better results on that GPU with more memory.

Regards, Vinc

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Vinc

The main monitor is 2560 x 1080, and the 1070 has 8Gb  

The smaller monitors are all 1024 x 600, although two are porttrait, with the 1060 having 3Gb, but the level of detail on the lower monitors is relatively low. I can even set them as lower resolution I suppose

Cheers

Les

Never tried that configuration,  but I suspect it will run at the speed of the weakest link/slowest card regardless of what monitor connected to what card. The reason I say this is that DCS treats screen real estate as a whole and only than you slice the combined res into view ports. Having a single card probably will be preferable. 

Good luck

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

That looked good until I realised it only clones the display! Thanks for looking though, appreciate the help and thought.

If that is not possible, is it then possible to have a slave PC attached, connected over a network that I can output data to with its own GPU and decouple it?

Les

Ok, if it doesn't just clone that's great - on the description it said this

"Supports to implement the synchronization and extend display. Could connect with two external monitors at a time. Please note that the image on the two external monitors will be the same."

Looks like a neat solution then!

Thanks

Les

8 часов назад, lesthegrngo сказал:

Thanks

So do you find it changes the FPS of the main monitor or is it completely independent?

Cheers

Les

This device does not load the video card, but the processor. I do not know how much it will affect FPS, until I tested it.

I tried one of those cheap USB to HDMI adapters and they seemed to work first.

But they did not rotate the display into portrait mode.

It's strange and the internet community blame Win10 for that behavior.

So maybe you have to try several devices to get the desired results. 😉

Regards, Vinc

Edited by Vinc_Vega

Regards, Vinc

real life: Royal Bavarian Airforce

online: VJS-GermanKnights.de

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is my understanding that AMD had a crossfirex brand that allows you to tie two graphics cards together and improve the performance.  I am assuming that means combining the gddr capability,  but not positive.  I know they stopped that brand in 2017, and it only supports up to directx 11, but their software a,lows 6ku to manage the displays yourself.  Their replacement for the crossfirex does support directx 12, but they left the  software management to the game developers which it sounds like the DCS team did not do.

• 2 weeks later...

Matrox TripleHead2Go DP Edition. Thank me later.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat