IFF slow to return. Am I setting it up wrong?

Gogojuice

Hey everyone.

I find the iff very slow to respond in the 18.  I have it set *in anzel* to iff auto L&S.  I take the distance down to 80 and sweep to also 80.  It seems that at times, i only get yellow for a long time.  Many times in close in merge.. its deadly...FOR ME.  

Compared to others jf17, f16 I find the iff slow. 

Perhaps I am setting it up wrong.  Appreciate any help

Hey everyone.

I find the iff very slow to respond in the 18.  I have it set *in anzel* to iff auto L&S.  I take the distance down to 80 and sweep to also 80.  It seems that at times, i only get yellow for a long time.  Many times in close in merge.. its deadly...FOR ME.  

Compared to others jf17, f16 I find the iff slow. 

Perhaps I am setting it up wrong.  Appreciate any help

Remember, you need two sources to "confirm hostile." Only way your aircraft can do it alone is with a NCTR print and negative mode 4.

Otherwise, you need a negative mode 4 plus an identification from a donor such as another fighter that can get the NCTR print, or more commonly an AWACS.

Mobius708

Oh, you have auto L+S interrogation enabled, do you have an L+S set?

Mobius708

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Remember, you need two sources to "confirm hostile." Only way your aircraft can do it alone is with a NCTR print and negative mode 4.

Which actually makes me wonder if there is either a NCTR or mode 4 memory stored with the track. As of now that doesn't seem to be the case. A target can flick back and forth between unk and hostile depending on whether it is locked is STT, SAM or just tracked. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Yes have target locked.  Some times for a long time in a dogfight (with a bunch of other planes).  I find im waiting 10 seconds for it to come back as I have stt with a 9x ready to go.  

Other planes like 16 and jeff are near instant.

To me that's a big disadvantage.  

Wondering if it was just me or other people see that too compared to other modules?

1 hour ago, escaner said:

I wonder how you can visually id a locked contact in the Hornet with the bugged launch steering dot over it hiding it.

Look around the HUD glass.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/