F14 crash makes DCS hang

Tango777

I now have the latest stable version of DCS that updated today and when the F14 crashes DCS hangs.

The screen remains in the current view, in my case the cockpit. There isn't 1 key on the keyboard that makes DCS respond. Escape key on the keyboard does not do anything, even if I let DCS sit there (looking at the instrument panel in my case) for 5 minutes.

Technically I do not witness the crash. DCS hangs just before the F14 splashes and explodes. I am just in the cockpit looking at the water outside the front of the canopy.

Ctrl + Alt + Del does work, but it takes a little while for the task manager to populate, and then from there it shows that DCS is not responding. Click on end task and that is the only way to close DCS.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

going to try and recreate it now and grab a log

*Edit* - just did a custom single player mission (same one I was doing last night) and crashed into the sea three times with no issue.  Fired it up in multiplayer and crashed four times with no issue.  So this is real, but not consistent. I will try to remember to grab a log next time it happens.

Edited by Spurts

This is a very different problem. The previous problem was DCS hanging upon mission loading at World Preload 1/60. That problem was fixed in the latest stable DCS release.

This problem causes DCS to hang just before the F14 hits the water. I don't know how I could get a log when DCS has hung.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

13 hours ago, Super Grover said:

Again, thank you, everyone, for your contribution to fixing this bug. I can confirm that we have found the source of the freezes, and it's fixed now. It should be included in one of the next updates.

Do you happen to have a ballpark as to when the next stable DCS update is scheduled?

Cool, had this happen several times this week.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Happened to me for the first time this weekend. I guess i don't crash that often (without being shot down previously), i was dogfighting a Viper on the Nevada map, realized i was about to kiss the desert, pulled hard, got my nose high and heard the aircraft screeching. And for a moment i thought i made it. Then the screeching sound repeated it self.....over and over again i was stuck with the same view. Then i realized DCS has crashed 😕 and i had to terminate the process manually. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 8/26/2021 at 1:54 AM, Tango777 said:

Do you happen to have a ballpark as to when the next stable DCS update is scheduled?

Unfortunately no, it is something you would have to ask ED.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/