Cougar detents.

sniperpr1

They should do it automatically when setting throttle just make sure you out of off position and then go full throttle then back to zero and should be done, now I do know some people use like Target program or others to setup there joystick but I do not do this.

With my WinWing Tarus Throttle I simple go into Axis in Dcs settings and set throttle again make sure you are out of the Off/on Detent before starting the key binding step, if you don't the game with say the throttle is at zero and will add like 5%-10% to throttle Throw.     

Hope this helps you wish I could do more sir.

6 hours ago, sniperpr1 said:

Anyone know the exact steps to program the idle detent and the afterburner detent in the cougar throttle?

If you mean, how to physically move the detents, this is the procedure:

http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/mods.php#detents

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Not really, I wanted to know how to set them up in DCS so it recognizes when I go into idle and when I go into ab, and when I go back. I know that I've done this before, but I don't remember how. I have the TUSBA, but I can't save in "Save As", so I have to do everything in DCS.

Not really, I wanted to know how to set them up in DCS so it recognizes when I go into idle and when I go into ab, and when I go back. I know that I've done this before, but I don't remember how. I have the TUSBA, but I can't save in "Save As", so I have to do everything in DCS.
Ah, pretty sure you did it through some special setting in the TUSBA software then, if it has one. OR it can be done in T.A.R.G.E.T. (I have modded my Cougars to magnetic sensors and USB so don't have any need for TUSBA).
You can't do what you want in DCS like you can in that other F-16 SIM. With that I mean easily define in what range it goes into IDLE/AB. But you can mess with curves and the AB calculator available from Bailey and some other. That works very well.
The Cougar doesn't have any physical buttons for IDLE/AB like the Warthog and newer throttles from other vendors, so it has to be done in software.
Apologies if I'm way off with what you're actually asking.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, sniperpr1 said:

Not really, I wanted to know how to set them up in DCS so it recognizes when I go into idle and when I go into ab, and when I go back. 

OK, I understand .. you should try this utility to determine a custom curve for your dcs throttle:

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

By the way, does this work both for the AB detent and the Idle detent?
Only AB for the Cougar as it doesn't have a button for enter/leaving idle/cutoff as the Warthog has.
Limitation of DCS unlike that other F-16 sim.
But of course, the Cougar is highly moddable, so one can of course add a button on the inside.

Be aware that the real jet has different idle detents depending whether it's airborne.

In the sim you'll therefore have an apparent deadzone at the bottom of the throttle when in flight, but that becomes 'active' when on the ground.

Edit - Sorry, forgot I wasn't in the F-18 section. If this is about another aircraft, ignore the above. 🙂

Edited by Brun
  • Like 1

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Be aware that the real jet has different idle detents depending whether it's airborne.

In the sim you'll therefore have an apparent deadzone at the bottom of the throttle when in flight, but that becomes 'active' when on the ground.

Edit - Sorry, forgot I wasn't in the F-18 section. If this is about another aircraft, ignore the above.
Hehe
You pretty much had me before I read your whole post.
I was seriously considering that I had missed something.
Yeah, this is about the TM Cougar/F-16 TQS.